Removed dent, polish, repaint

Status
Not open for further replies.
i paid 250 when i got similar damage at my front right... cause i know the boss... won't recommend to you cause it's far..

Yours looks similar to that time I bumped mine :p but mine was worse (tail light crakced too)

Anyway, besides the bumper, you need to knock back the rear quarter of the car, repair the bumper and respray the whole thing.

Probably around $600 like what the others said.

togu said:
:faint:

$300 per part? It'll be cheaper to get a bumper.

From your photos it looks like 2 areas need to be done, the bumper and the side panel. Because the corner kenah knock, tends to cost more. Ask around, should be between 100 to 200 per panel. So you looking at 200 - 400 for the entire work. Ask around, be carefull of the workshop if you don't know them, a lot will tell you some grandfather story to justify charging you more. Go to car forums and ask, that's the best place to get a good recommendation.

If you dont mind going to AMK, I can recommend you a workshop that gives me good value for money :)

what is the make of your car?

kktan said:
What type/brand of colour pen you use??? Is it useful to cover minor scratches??? :think:

The side door of me car got minor scratches from "itchy fingers"... :cry:
Outside it looks like a white board marker pen, but inside it is a small brush with liquid ink. It is ok to cover minor scratches, but dont expect perfect result, after touchup u still will see the lines, but less noticeable.

kktan said:
Hi Astin,

Many thanks... :D

Hope i can find one the same colour as me avatar.
Aiyo that blue colour sure have lah, they have Toyota blue, Honda blue, Mitsubishi blue, BMW blue, etc...

WAH!!! Must go BBB now...

Mr. Togu, sorry for the OT. Hope your car get well soon (see liao also heart pain) and the final medical fee is not too high.

togu said:
Say me ah beng somemore... :cry:
;p that was how you described your car to me the other time mah, must see the stickers in front then everyone will know :bsmilie:.

Anyway, mine was similiar to yours but it didn't get to bumper (minor car accident). Costs me ~$250 i think. Now that it hit your bumper... :dunno:

Kkaka.... recieved a few quotes. Went to 1 at Ubi, $250, covers all repair job. 1 of my friend got his bang bang fixed there, worksmanship looks pretty good to me. :think:

togu said:
Kkaka.... recieved a few quotes. Went to 1 at Ubi, $250, covers all repair job. 1 of my friend got his bang bang fixed there, worksmanship looks pretty good to me. :think:
call sam chua at 90607807 67455508
may i say very very cheap cheap....

[i went to him a few times.... just say friend introduced, and tell him your best price you found is $250... hope he gives you better price lor]:)

cheers

i looked at your photos again

can you please polish away the white paint marks on your car dent first?

use normal car polish like turtle wax

then you will realise that the dents are not that bad and the scratches are very little [white paint marks are from the wall, these are not scratches on your car]

then call sam

then go find sam [or anyone]

to knock out the dents, the workshop will hit and hit from inside out, slowly:)

this is not that ex

then the paint is re-touchup [seldom people respray the entire panel [door + bumper]]

this is also not that ex

after re-touchup, then they will polish and buff buff to shine

[i show them do last time... forgive me if my technical terms are not right but this is generally the case]

really feel you can do it for less than $200... maybe $150...

Ah, best idea is trade in and buy new car. Then no dent to worry about :bsmilie:

or just bear the the artistic dent you created :devil:

no need to knock or spray back! no need to spend $$$!

i think during the yearly inspection they check your paint work as well.

@@

Already made appointment with 1 workshop, sort of know the owner, and had seen some "sample" jobs.

That sounds like a good idea, wash first. Then bargain more. Kkakak....

If now trade in, i'll rather hang myself. 8 mths old. :bigeyes:

togu said:
@@

Already made appointment with 1 workshop, sort of know the owner, and had seen some "sample" jobs.

That sounds like a good idea, wash first. Then bargain more. Kkakak....

If now trade in, i'll rather hang myself. 8 mths old. :bigeyes:
yes, wash away the white marks...

really shouldnt be that ex:)

my accord left rear door dent and scratched till the rear bumper also less then $200 hehehe
[something i am not very proud of but sometimes **** happens:)]

Last time my car in worst shape. Whole front smash so I replace bonet, headlights and respray whole car only RM2K in JB. so I think go JB will be cheaper. (exchange rate now S$1 :RM2.29)

Status
Not open for further replies.