Remove reflections from spectacles

Status
Not open for further replies.

taskurgan

Aug 30, 2008
Hi all,
had done a photo shoot for a close friend. Only to realize that there were reflections on his spectacles. How can i removed them?
Thanks!

post the picture ...

can try clone too

Unless you are trying to remove reflections from the frame, it will be quite tough. To remove reflection from the glass means you'll have to touch up his face!

As VB2009 has stated it's going to be a difficult task.

Far better is to LEARN from the mistake and correct the angle of the camera to glass surface to negate the reflections when you take the image. It's a standard technical issue that most photographers learn to deal with eventually.

depend how bad the reflections, if does not cut into eye balls, it is still possible to cone it, else you have nothing patch it back.

anyway, there is many ways to prevent it in the first place, like turn the face to the side a little, chin down a little, use ceiling bounce flash..etc.

Hi all,
had done a photo shoot for a close friend. Only to realize that there were reflections on his spectacles. How can i removed them?
Thanks!

There's no way to recommend a technique without seeing the image. This could be anything from a simple task to an impossible one.

Hi everybody,
Thanks for all the advice. Decided to re-shoot. This time will be careful not to repeat mistake.

One good way to avoid reflections on glass and water, and improve color saturation is to use a circular polarizer (CP). Note that you'll lose about 2 stops of light, so either choose a bright place or have a tripod handy when using CP.

sorry to hijack the thread, but just as i bought my camera, i took some shots from the singapore flyer.. n i didnt know about CPL and shooting close to the glass to avoid the reflections, so some of the shots i took have some serious reflection problems..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43367818@N04/3992856232/

just wondering if i can use lightroom 2 (my only editing software) to remove this? i think its a reasonably decent shot, and it could look much better if the reflection parts were removed..

thanks!

Last edited:
lr1.jpg

use the spot removal tool

ir2.jpg

Last edited:
Another technique you can use, is to take 2 picture, 1 with specs and another without ,and clone them together. Else for simplicity sake you can tilt your angle etc but sometimes it just cannot be avoided.

wow, u did that with lightroom? so quick too :D thanks! i'll try it myself, ur 'after' version looks much better! :) also, there's like this... bright-ish sheen, and u've removed that too.. how was that done? thanks a lot :)

these are the spots removed, some minus setting for exposure, brigtness and contrast.

ir3.jpg

darken the top part of the image with the Graduated filter, I adjust to minus 1.80. (adjust and play with it till you like the result.)

ir4.jpg

then sharpen the image.

Last edited:
I think Jopel has done a great job here. And more impressively, :thumbsup: to the way he has demonstrated to us how he did it.
Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.