Remove Pen mark on Leather

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hommie

Oct 11, 2004
Singapore
Hi CSers, any suggestion to remove pen marks on leather sofa? My little devil cause my brand new sofa to be defaced!

tjhan

Feb 11, 2007
Some acetone perhaps, or any organic solvent that isn't too strong, like ethanol. Organise a beer party.l

JacePhoto

Oct 1, 2007
New York City
www.flickr.com
Hi CSers, any suggestion to remove pen marks on leather sofa? My little devil cause my brand new sofa to be defaced!
There's a solution for leather sofas sold at some furniture company. I used to be fr that industry. Not every company/ retail store carries it as the demand is low.

Alternatively, try the D.I.Y stores. Note, its not 100% effective.

Sep 8, 2006
I use acetone quite a bit for work & think it will be much too strong. It will definitely remove the ink stain but likely the color of the leather too & cause it to crack.

Try products from Leather Master.
http://www.leatherworldtech.comProductInfo.aspx?productid=013201250
I know Home Fix DIY at IMM & Marina Square carry this brand.

I would also try clothes cleaning products like "Vanish". I've used this to remove red wine stains off many items. Might work with ink

Last edited:
Mar 13, 2007
Atlanta, GA
try a mixture of ethanol & water first, then if cannot, try isopropanol/water, or a light acetone mixture. i have a slight apprehension on acetone usage, but if you want to use it, try using it with fine piece of cotton or something. dont use a cotton bud etc cuz acetone dissolves plastic.

Canonised

Aug 27, 2003
The most important thing to note is what type of pen marker did that devil used?... If permanent ... then it is oil based ... a bit difficult, will never recover 100% if the leather is 100% real leather and not synthetic (man-made) leather.

Usually if you use strong solvent cleaner, the marker ink may come out but the col of the leather may change too...

i think you have a problem, sir ...:sweat:

Dec 3, 2004
Bishan
The most important thing to note is what type of pen marker did that devil used?... If permanent ... then it is oil based ... a bit difficult, will never recover 100% if the leather is 100% real leather and not synthetic (man-made) leather.

Usually if you use strong solvent cleaner, the marker ink may come out but the col of the leather may change too...

i think you have a problem, sir ...:sweat:
Punish the kid!!! Dont bother about the ink, its hopeless, really, I tried so many types of solvent, hopeless,hopeless oilbase ink is the worst.:angry:

photobum

Deregistered
Apr 17, 2005
Is the ink gel or oil based? If oil-based, try Goo Gone.

I ever used it remove crayon marks on my La-Z-Boy recliner. It works well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom