Remove lense while camera is still on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akira Fudou

May 24, 2005
Woodlands
I wondered whats the impact of removing the lense without shutting off the camera?
Sorry for the noob question.

I wondered whats the impact of removing the lense without shutting off the camera?
Hello, I have no problems doing lens switch while the body is still turned on. Have been doing that for a long time. Only yesterday when I glanced through Scott Kelby's Volume 3 book then he mentioned something on this topic. He claimed that some purist would not do that. But the author himself has no problem with it.

Thanks for the reply man. :thumbsup:

i don't see any problem with that, i do that sometimes too.

try not to do it often thou. ;)
correct way to change lens should include turning off the power.

May attract dust as the sensor is still active.

one of my first few questions when i first started out. :bsmilie:
don worry, nothing will happen, only that the sensor will attract more dust as it is still active. but if you make a quick lens change, dust shouldn't be a problem.

There might be some static present that will attract dust. So I will turn it off, besides turning off the camera is very easy and fast.

May attract dust as the sensor is still active.

yes, i think this is the main problem people are afraid of,

and when you change lens, even if the body is turned off,

you should still try to make it fast,

in order to prevent dust from entering the body.

zero problems

just that because the sensor is on, you might be getting more dust more often

when the sensor is on, dust particles will be attracted to the charged sensor. if you switch it off before letting dust in, you might at least reduce the chances of it happening. still, not very much a problem. sometimes i forget too.

zero problems

just that because the sensor is on, you might be getting more dust more often

when the sensor is on, dust particles will be attracted to the charged sensor. if you switch it off before letting dust in, you might at least reduce the chances of it happening. still, not very much a problem. sometimes i forget too.

i think a blower will be able to solve the problem

do you send in your cameras for sensor cleaning?

Status
Not open for further replies.