Remove dust from the viewfinder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falcon

Jan 18, 2002
I have many difficult to remove dust on my viewfinder.(c2100uz) How should I go about removing them? I have tried using s soft cloth and blower but to no avail.

PLs advise. Thank you.

Originally posted by Falcon
I have many difficult to remove dust on my viewfinder.(c2100uz) How should I go about removing them? I have tried using s soft cloth and blower but to no avail.

PLs advise. Thank you.
what abt cotton bud? I use that.

Don't touch it. Use a blower if there is only dust.

If the lens has oily stain from dirty fingers, then buy the kodah lens cleaning lotion and drip 1/2 drop size onto a cotton bud. Make sure the bud is not very wet before tapping lightly at the oily stain.

Using cloth or other "micro fiber" material will hurt the surface coating no matter how safe they claim to be :p

Take note also, if you viewfinder is plastic, do not attempt any form of cleaning, sure scratch :(

Originally posted by jasonpgc
Don't touch it. Use a blower if there is only dust.

If the lens has oily stain from dirty fingers, then buy the kodah lens cleaning lotion and drip 1/2 drop size onto a cotton bud. Make sure the bud is not very wet before tapping lightly at the oily stain.

Using cloth or other "micro fiber" material will hurt the surface coating no matter how safe they claim to be :p

Take note also, if you viewfinder is plastic, do not attempt any form of cleaning, sure scratch :(

It seems that I can do nothing. Wonder if the oly suppport can help me. Or this is not under warranty??

Don't worry too much about dust in the viewfinder, remember always that it will not affect the quality of your pictures :)

Originally posted by jasonpgc
Don't worry too much about dust in the viewfinder, remember always that it will not affect the quality of your pictures :)

it will not, but it is extremely irritating.

anyway, look carefully and be sure that the dust is not on the inner surface, otherwise you're cleaning for nothing... and if it's on the inner surface, best to leave it as it is...

..Hiee..

Too bad, most of the camera nowadays are using modular viewfinder, which may not be able to be cleaned without tearing apart the whole view finder assembly.

Some even have periscopic viewfinder which may make it more difficult to disassemble.

So.....i think you need to live with it or maybe send to the service center to have it cleaned. Try calling them.

.....i'm sure they aren't expensive to have it cleaned .

regards,
me

Brint it to Olympus Service Centre, they will help you. I try it before :D

Originally posted by siewsphone
Brint it to Olympus Service Centre, they will help you. I try it before :D

I will bring it down on monday. Tks to all who replied to this thread.

or u can use a jeweller screw to unscrew the side and face of the viewfinder loupe... then gently remove and use a blower to de-dust... try not to dislodge the dioter dial... but nothing fatal.

Status
Not open for further replies.