remove batts from camera when not in use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

belgarathc

Apr 30, 2002
Visit site
hi,
should i remove the nimh batteries from the camera when not in use?

YES! Please do!!

I left GP batteries in my Nikon SB28 flash unit in just a week, and they leaked. This caused corrosion on the internal PCB which cost me $240 to repair. :(

Regards
CK

my experience,

battery acid leak caused a $350 repair bill for my f90.... damaged PCB....

Originally posted by rueyloon
my experience,

battery acid leak caused a $350 repair bill for my f90.... damaged PCB....

That's even more than my $240 SB28 PCB.....

Moral of the story : Take out batteries when your gear is not in use.

Regards
CK

Originally posted by Wolfgang
Me? Look like Poledra? You ~must~ be kidding!

muahahah!!! and i'm Torak.. hahah!!! Kal Torak...

Oh shoot...
I better get those batts lying in my camera...

how about proprietary battery?

do they leak also?
example

Canon Ixus series
Nikon 775/885

This might sound dumb but do you remove only when camera is without film? else will the memory for the film counter and settings be wiped out when you put the batts in again and want to continue to finish up the film? I"m using dynax 5. thanx!

Originally posted by hoppinghippo
This might sound dumb but do you remove only when camera is without film? else will the memory for the film counter and settings be wiped out when you put the batts in again and want to continue to finish up the film? I"m using dynax 5. thanx!

The film behind the shutter in the chamber will always be transported to one frame after the last frame you took. There is no need to rely on "film counter". Removing the batteries will not affect anything.

Originally posted by zephyr
muahahah!!! and i'm Torak.. hahah!!! Kal Torak...
why on earth do you wanna be a half-blind half-disfigured god who suffers eternal pain and is sleeping throughout all the novels except for the last 15 mins when he wakes and promptly has a burning sword stuck through his torso?

i'll rather be garion... imagine the havoc you can wreak with the Orb and the burning sword... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.