Remove 1D green cast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oeyvind

Feb 25, 2002
www.oeyvind.org
I noticed that 1D's images converted with C1 tends to have a greenish cast by default.

The 1st image which was taken by a friend and his 1D has a green cast, compare to the ones taken with my D60

sapa-sampler.jpg

Anyone has a workflow to remove green cast in 1D in C1 or PS?

Thanks in advance,

Tim

P.S. Any custom 1D profile for C1?

Guess will have to rely on my eyes and change the color temp of those raw file or add some magenta to remove those cast, but for the future the following fix is good.

Found this on RG's forum... FYI:

1D Green Cast Fix

From what I read in that thread on RG's forum, it would seem to me that only in-camera ID jpegs have green-cast problems and not ID RAW images converted by FVU, Breezebrowser or C1.

tomcat said:
From what I read in that thread on RG's forum, it would seem to me that only in-camera ID jpegs have green-cast problems and not ID RAW images converted by FVU, Breezebrowser or C1.

Some what I've experienced default RAW conversion on C1 does give greenish cast still as seen in above image.

The good thing in RAW is one can change the color temp remove adverse effect on the original image.

oeyvind said:
Some what I've experienced default RAW conversion on C1 does give greenish cast still as seen in above image.

The good thing in RAW is one can change the color temp remove adverse effect on the original image.
I guess in that case you would have to wait for Magne Nilsen to come up with an ETC ICC profile for 1D then.

Meanwhile, maybe you can try some post-processing in PS. I have had very good results with ColorWasher, a plug-in for PS in this respect. Can take a look here:
http://thepluginsite.com/products/photowiz/colorwasher/index.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.