Remotely trigger a flash unit at high speed sync

e69087

Aug 17, 2005
Northern Singapore
Hello,
Need some recommendation & advice on remotely trigger a Nikon flash unit at high speed sync.
I’m new to flash photography.
I bought a used Nikon SB600 flash unit & mounted it on my Nikon D750 DSLR camera. It can set & trigger at high speed sync (like 1/3200 sec).
I went on to remotely triggered (off camera) the flash using the D750 pop up flash. It worked with the correct group & channel settings.
However I am unable to set it for high speed sync triggering. The LCD panel on the flash unit did not display FP even after I set my camera’s shutter speed to say 1/1200 sec.
I googled & found I may need to buy some flash triggers like the YongNuo YN622N II iTTL & YN622N-TX.
May I know will these triggers work for my SB600 & D750?
Is there any other ways/method to trigger or any other recommended budget triggers?
Thanks!

According to what I read of sb600 and d750 they are compatible but as to remote flash nikon system only work via their cls or wireless system which is effectively at short range or distance from camera. So now the convenient remote way is by radio control signal at 2.4ghz. the common standard now, easily 100 meters range.

For budget conscious user a third party trigger like yongnuo or godox are usable but bear in mind they reverse engineer the camera manufacturer communication berween cam and flash method so may not work flawlessly in some situation and camera model and original flashes, of course it guarantee their trigger will work with their dedicated flash models which is best policy to use their own matched units.

Yn622n mk2 can do hss up to 1/8000 but check if your camera model is supported in their user manual that you can download. Do note that when using hss your flash power output is reduced drastically as it fires in short bursts thereby using a lot of energy and it also drain the battery so the effective working range of flash to subject must be adjusted according by trial and error even in auto.

Thanks for the reply.
I also noticed the pop up flash from the camera must align (in sight) with the sensor on the SB600 unit in order to trigger remotely.