Remote control for E500

Status
Not open for further replies.

raymond10

Dec 27, 2005
East
I went to CP one day (about last month) and saw the sales person selling one that can half-press to focus but today went and they say don't have. Don't know whether its the RM-1 or not.

Asked around and they say got no OEM one.

Any idea how much is the RM-1 at MS Color?

raymond10 said:
I went to CP one day (about last month) and saw the sales person selling one that can half-press to focus but today went and they say don't have. Don't know whether its the RM-1 or not.

Asked around and they say got no OEM one.

Any idea how much is the RM-1 at MS Color?

Yes. May be the one you saw is me... is that you buying the getting lens that day? yes, it can auto-focus... but, the problem is that you have to "guess what it's focusing lah"... :) without your eyes at the viewfinder.

Ya, its me. I was getting a lens that day. How much you bought it for ah? Is it the RM-1? Or OEM one? People all say got no OEM for the E500.

raymond10 said:
Ya, its me. I was getting a lens that day. How much you bought it for ah? Is it the RM-1? Or OEM one? People all say got no OEM for the E500.

yes, the one i bought is RM-1. :) I forgot how much it costs. Around 30++... anyway, it's around half the price of the original price tag.

Raymond, Good to know it's you!

Thanks bro. Saw you holding on to your E500 and wanted to chat. But you looked so busy. Anyway, they (CP) quoted me 68. I went there to ask and said someone (you) bought at 30 and they say cannot be. Sigh. Was fully prepared to buy at 30 already. Then give me a 68 price tag. Oh well. I will try again next time. I think I can recall the sales person who sold you. Did you buy anything else that day? I ask because they said it may be because you bought more items.

Anyway, good to know its you too.

raymond10 said:
Thanks bro. Saw you holding on to your E500 and wanted to chat. But you looked so busy. Anyway, they (CP) quoted me 68. I went there to ask and said someone (you) bought at 30 and they say cannot be. Sigh. Was fully prepared to buy at 30 already. Then give me a 68 price tag. Oh well. I will try again next time. I think I can recall the sales person who sold you. Did you buy anything else that day? I ask because they said it may be because you bought more items.

Anyway, good to know its you too.

hi, raymond, it's definitely higher than 30 lah... 30 something, can't recall the exact number. may be 36. anyway, it's definitely not 68.

yes. I did buy something that day. I bought my beloved 11~22mm lens that day. :) That day I saw you pointed to the lens placed on the table when you came in with you friend. :) what a small world huh.

The sales guy is Jason. But, they did say it's a promotional price that time. May be the promotion is over.

I see, no wonder. Oh well, I try to see if they can lower the price. Max I pay is 40. I tried to half-press but quite difficult.

Ya, never expected you to be replying me here on CS. Pointed to the 11-22mm because I wanted to buy it also. But no budget. Cannot afford. How's the lens?

I'm currently using only the 14-54. Thinking of getting the 40-150. Someone selling but he sold to someone else. I'm also selling my kit lens but no buyers. Haha... everybody probably has that lens in SG already.

raymond10 said:
I see, no wonder. Oh well, I try to see if they can lower the price. Max I pay is 40. I tried to half-press but quite difficult.

Ya, never expected you to be replying me here on CS. Pointed to the 11-22mm because I wanted to buy it also. But no budget. Cannot afford. How's the lens?

I'm currently using only the 14-54. Thinking of getting the 40-150. Someone selling but he sold to someone else. I'm also selling my kit lens but no buyers. Haha... everybody probably has that lens in SG already.

:) the 11-22 is good! very good. Still learning to explore it's full capabilities. But, discussing about that lens is going to be out of the topic of this thread. :)

anyway, if you are interested, can checkout my thread here:
E-500 pictures in Malta

~ SH ~

Do you find the half-press easy? Or you don't half-press at all, since you said don't even know whether it focused or not.

I called John 3:16 and they say its 60+ also.

Anyway, thinking of going down to CP later.

raymond10 said:
Do you find the half-press easy? Or you don't half-press at all, since you said don't even know whether it focused or not.

I called John 3:16 and they say its 60+ also.

Anyway, thinking of going down to CP later.

I guess that's its normal price. I just happened to get it at a promotional price.

Actually, i haven't use the remote yet. not even once.:bsmilie: I bought it because I know I'll need it later (such as group photos, cny family photos, etc).

and yes, the way I planned to use the RM-1 is really just like the good old "injector"... :) i'll do my own focus first then use it.

Got my remote. Thanks for the info. Managed to get Jason to sell me at $35.

Status
Not open for further replies.