Remote Commander for 828

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowspeeder

Feb 16, 2004
www.themenatwork.com
Does anyone has any clue as to where can I get my hands on the remote commander (RM-DR1) for my 828. Checked with several shops and even with the Sony online store...no stock.

Any possible substitutes usable on the 828? :dunno:

King Tiger said:
I am looking for the remote control too.
Will check and let u know if there is any place selling.

Thanks! Do let me know if anything shows up on your radar.

Hi,

I was in Bugis Sony Gallery(the one at lvl3). I saw those 2 remote commanders for cybershots. Can go check it out. Sorry can't remember the price.

trueno said:
Hi,

I was in Bugis Sony Gallery(the one at lvl3). I saw those 2 remote commanders for cybershots. Can go check it out. Sorry can't remember the price.

Is it black in color or the silver one?

Hi snowspeeder,

I saw both of the remote commander(the silver and the black).

trueno said:
Hi snowspeeder,

I saw both of the remote commander(the silver and the black).

Are you sure? Cos what I saw was the VR commanders (not the DR black ones). There a 3 units on the shelf. The VR version, although can be used for video and still cameras, and it comes with a clip on; I still prefer the other one (full black) specialized for still camera.

The person at the store said they do not carry all of sony's range of products. So I'm still on the hunt for it.

for both(black & silver), cannot use the zoom features on F828, since F828 does not have motorised zoom.

kinda missed that feature on the old F717...

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
for both(black & silver), cannot use the zoom features on F828, since F828 does not have motorised zoom.

kinda missed that feature on the old F717...

That does not really matter. All I needed was the remote to take shots instead having to press the shutter button and risk camera shake (even with tripod).

Finally!! I found my remote commander RM-DR1. Sony online recommeded me this authorized dealer at lucky plaza. According to them, they might have another one left in stock.

King Tiger said:
Hi Snowspeeder

Congra !!! Finally find your remote control at last.

What is the name of of the store at Lucky Plaza?
How much is the price ? Is it cheap?

Got it at Lucky Centre #02-28 of Lucky Plaza for S$95. Not exactly cheap, though sony retail is $100. Considering the scarcity, its a gem.

Status
Not open for further replies.