To all participants of the wildlife shoot/workshop:
As the day for the wildlife workship is almost upon us, here are some basic information and what you should and should not do/bring on the day of the workshop:
For those taking the bus/transportation ...
The time is 7am SHARP, please gather outside the Mcdonald's restaurant at Tiong Bahru Plaza (above Tiong Bahru MRT station). Please be punctual as we are really tight on our schedules. I and several CS officials will be there to coordinate the transportation.
For those whom are driving there/not taking the transport ...
Please make sure you reach the wildlife reserve by 7:45 or latest by 8:00am. Kindly wait outside the reserve at the ticketing counter, do not enter first because we need to get you your tickets first (it is paid for in the $5 fee). Here's a map on how to get to the reserve if you are not familiar with it:
- respect all wildlife in the wetland reserve, do not frighten them or go near their habitat ;
- do not smoke in the wetland reserve ;
- do not take anything from the wetland reserve ;
- do not litter in the wetland reserve ;
- do not damage or vandalize the reserve's property ;
- be as quiet as possible ;
- avoid brining your pets, radio or bicycles into the wetland reserve ;
- keep to the walking trails while on the move
- please bring along your cameras if you have one ;
- F-mount SLR/DSLR camera users are encouraged to use their cams on some of the lenses provided by Nikon Singapore ;
- try to pack light unless you think you can handle the weight throughout the day
- Dress in comfortable clothes that are neutral in colour ;
- Wear a hat in non-bright/neutral colour ;
- Wear comfortable walking shoes ;
- If you have them, bringing your own binoculars is a plus ;
- Try to bring a notebook and pen for notes during the workshop ;
- Bring along a bottle of insect repellent if you are wary of insect bites ;
- Prepare a simple lunch if you want to avoid eating at the Cafeteria (can be quite expensive) ;
- If there is a thunderstorm, please make sure you stay in the observation hides
A complete set of guide/itinerary will be provided to the participants on the day itself. Please note that drinks will also be provided but if you want, you can bring your own drink.
I guess that's about all, see ya at the workshop!