Remembrance

Status
Not open for further replies.

plwh888

Jan 5, 2007
DSC_0976.jpg

This pix was shot at Lower Seletar Reservoir, the side facing Pasir Gudang. Apparently it was low tide.

The Title Remembrance is to reflect on the old man by the sea (perhaps he is) thinking about the past while looking out at the sea.

I did some correction on MS Photo-manager and crop it to give it a Cinemascope feel.

Though I love the pix and the feel but I felt something was wrong, when I look at the pix there was no center focus, my eyes have to look left right, then I start to appreciate the scene. Where did I go wrong ???

Comments and Critque welcomes =)

The Title Remembrance is to reflect on the old man by the sea (perhaps he is) thinking about the past while looking out at the sea.

Comments and Critque welcomes =)

I cannot see the old man untill u say got a old man inside..... focus more on the old man..... move infront abit and take....... the oldman is like a tiny thing inside the pics....

I find you probably have included too much in the pic, making viewer s wondering what's the main subject in it, what message you want to bring across.(sorry , don't mean too be harsh)
In my opinion,should have zoom in more towards your main subject. Making use of the 'Rule of the third' would help too.

horizon is tilted unnecessarily, intended subject is pushed to the edge and not easily noticed, there is no sign of 'Remembrance'

you have to think if this scene and your title fit each other. does an old man sitting around somewhere automatically equates to showing the act of 'Remembrance' or some sort of nostalgic activity? we must not fall into the trap of stereotyping, know your subject in order to know how to photograph your subject. :)

it took me 10 mins to find the old man (I did see him but didnt recognize that it is a man). If you hv a chance, you might want to zoom in so that he's bigger and choose another angle, so that the "remembrance" is clearer

thanks all for the advise =)
will try to improve further.

hmmm i think this would probably be a snap shot. Doesnt really look too properly composed. Hmmm :think:

Status
Not open for further replies.