Remembering old games....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptwong

Nov 10, 2003
Yishun
Was just going thru some of my junk....saw a game that reminded me of countless hours in front a tv, with a controller in my hand and my mom screaming for me to eat dinner...those were the days..the game's tittle "Shining Force" an old sega game but was an icon during it's time..... Anyone remember this game?

i have alot alot alot... and most of them always play till my mum scream so loud for me to go for dinner :p
those memories are so fun :D

ptwong said:
Was just going thru some of my junk....saw a game that reminded me of countless hours in front a tv, with a controller in my hand and my mom screaming for me to eat dinner...those were the days..the game's tittle "Shining Force" an old sega game but was an icon during it's time..... Anyone remember this game?

yes I played Shining force before. but that wasn't old. Played Zelda before?? ;p

anonymous said:
yes I played Shining force before. but that wasn't old. Played Zelda before?? ;p

Legend of Zelda rocks! Love that game, one of the better games on the Nintendo console. Sega had some good titles like Shinobi.

Kman

hehe, anyone here use to go to 'sega land' in coronation plaza? Golden Axe, Bare Knuckles and the soccer game that plays up down instead of left right...
kekeke

I remember when the Playstation was first released and my house-mate and I would rent one for the weekend and play non-stop for about 72 hours. Tekken would almost become reality as he was too good for me and I would get frustrated. Also played Wipeout a lot too!! Survived on junk food and coffee for the whole three days - how I worked on Monday I do not know!!

Yah, I remembered the Legend of Zelda... and the countless hours spent on trying to complete the quest... and then upon completing the first quest, realised that there's a second quest to complete!

On Sega, it was Shining Force. I must say the finishing move for the main hero on the last boss was pretty cool.And the wolf guy too... and the samurai secret character (Musashi, I believe?). And then, there was Shining Force II. Longer plot but less cool graphics.

On the Super Famicon/Nintendo, it was my first encounter with the Final Fantasy series. At that time, it was Final Fantasy VI. The amount of time spent trying to collect all the Espers was amazing. The graphics of the game were incredibly advanced for its' time.

Then onto the Playstation, it was Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy VIII, Metal Gear Solid, Tokimeki Memorial II, Front Mission III, Xenogears, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Parasite Eve and many more...

Right now on the PS2, I'm on FFX-2 and Front Mission 4...
(And I must say that PS2 has got a lousy region coding scheme...)

Yah, I remembered the Legend of Zelda... and the countless hours spent on trying to complete the quest... and then upon completing the first quest, realised that there's a second quest to complete!

Jump, slash, shot ?lazer if life is full, fantastic game!!
On Sega, it was Shining Force. I must say the finishing move for the main hero on the last boss was pretty cool.And the wolf guy too... and the samurai secret character (Musashi, I believe?). And then, there was Shining Force II. Longer plot but less cool graphics.

Did anyone try the first Shining Force game? Shining in the Darkness? It was sort of a first person walk around game...it got me hooked on Shining Force series...
On the Super Famicon/Nintendo, it was my first encounter with the Final Fantasy series. At that time, it was Final Fantasy VI. The amount of time spent trying to collect all the Espers was amazing. The graphics of the game were incredibly advanced for its' time.

My favourite was Chrono Trigger, simply loved that game....things that you read in comics like lightning sword where a spell combined with a sword attack...

Then onto the Playstation, it was Final Fantasy VII, Final Fantasy VIII, Metal Gear Solid, Tokimeki Memorial II, Front Mission III, Xenogears, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, Parasite Eve and many more...

Right now on the PS2, I'm on FFX-2 and Front Mission 4...
(And I must say that PS2 has got a lousy region coding scheme...)

Don't forget Metal Gear Solid 2!! and Onimusha 1-3 etc etc...

Sega?

Playstation?

I remember sneaking awake at night to play the old Atari 2600 :)
Countless hours playing all sorts of crazy atari games!

Shinobi, Warsong, Shining Force, D&D, FF2,3,4,5,6. I love the 2D days :)

Never did own a console till army dayz, where I got my first PS and FF8. Hehe.

Marmbo said:
Sega?

Playstation?

I remember sneaking awake at night to play the old Atari 2600 :)
Countless hours playing all sorts of crazy atari games!

yeah... centipede, anyone? :bsmilie:

Atari 2600!!! talk about old timer... (no offence i hope) i remember playing Frogger on it....jump jump...squashed....

Warsong!!! great game...still remember need to go one corner to get secret weapon i think....also got Warsong 2 but not so good liao...FF8....Squall....how about FF9?

Actually, Shining in the Darkness has nothing to do with the Shining Force Series. It's just a marketing gimmick by Sega America to give the game some legacy. The official Shining Force series is just Shining Force 1, 2 and the three versions of Shining Force 3 (Which was pretty cool idea, cos it allows you to play the same game from the perspective of 3 different characters^^).

It's just like Final Fantasy VI was renamed Final Fantasy III in the US. As well as the Warsong series which is actually the Langrisser series.

Prismatic said:
Actually, Shining in the Darkness has nothing to do with the Shining Force Series. It's just a marketing gimmick by Sega America to give the game some legacy. The official Shining Force series is just Shining Force 1, 2 and the three versions of Shining Force 3 (Which was pretty cool idea, cos it allows you to play the same game from the perspective of 3 different characters^^).

It's just like Final Fantasy VI was renamed Final Fantasy III in the US. As well as the Warsong series which is actually the Langrisser series.
oh really? didn't know that, i just play game :D Also played Shining the Holy Ark (Sega Saturn) actually come to think of it quite a few games does the same thing, first off my head is International Superstar Soccer (ISS) aka Winning Eleven aka Pro Evolution. I know they aimed at different regions though....

Cannot remember any game in particular but a certain configuration of key strokes is still embedded in my mind - some cheat stroke for 'god' mode:

up down left right A B "Start"... Hmm...

tert said:
Cannot remember any game in particular but a certain configuration of key strokes is still embedded in my mind - some cheat stroke for 'god' mode:

hey hey...think i played that also (duno if its the same)...but there's a "select" first before "start" right? mmm....with gun power like spread, laser etc...

satan_18349 said:
hey hey...think i played that also (duno if its the same)...but there's a "select" first before "start" right? mmm....with gun power like spread, laser etc...

:thumbsup: i'm playing these games now on my gameboy SP!

anyone played Zelda64 on N64 before? orcarina of time and zorror mask. solid! they are not old anyway.....

tert said:

it's Contra!!! up up down down left left right right B A start!! for 30 lives ha....

Status
Not open for further replies.