Remember...

Status
Not open for further replies.
DIG HOLE !! the one like pac man?

amusement park was official close in 1986 aug 31 and WyWy start again in 1990 wif WyWy wonder space which later take over by safe superstore and become funpolis

'tekiam' still have around but change to pokemon,WWF... no longer the 5 cent or 10 cent which u can bu from the 'ah nian'

'kaseng' transform and become one of the Americian favourite game

'goli' 1 circle wif all the marble and hit it from a distance?

hmm... any one remember the NEW WORLD? the old one which u can only see the main gate still upright standing?

too many memeries tho :D

Originally posted by sbs99
wats tat game called...the one with the little stick figure which can zap holes in the floor...climb here climb there...
L O D E R U N N E R ! ! ! :D

Originally posted by sunyee
DIG HOLE !! the one like pac man?

amusement park was official close in 1986 aug 31 and WyWy start again in 1990 wif WyWy wonder space which later take over by safe superstore and become funpolis

'tekiam' still have around but change to pokemon,WWF... no longer the 5 cent or 10 cent which u can bu from the 'ah nian'

'kaseng' transform and become one of the Americian favourite game

'goli' 1 circle wif all the marble and hit it from a distance?

hmm... any one remember the NEW WORLD? the old one which u can only see the main gate still upright standing?

too many memeries tho :D

Hey...how could I have forgotten about "Kaseng"? I still have mine packed somewhere at my parent's place.

As for "goli", besides the colouful glass ones, remember the big white ones that looked like fishballs?

new world which was at kitchener road?

the hotel collapsed in 1986 on march 15th or 16th.....i still remember i was seven then......that was the only time in singapore history so far where a whole building collapsed.....heh

kids then had those kinda pencil boxes with plenty of buttons.....and spring loaded with little gadgets that would pop out when you press the buttons....and in school they would be their desktop "warships" and when the buttons are pressed the pencil holder would point up the pencils....and another button to eject the eraser compartment....another button would shoot out the magnifier from one end.....and next one would pop the pencil sharpener out.....and there's even a thermometer for room temp.....i wonder what's that for.

i never had one of those....hah.

schools would provide a mug and toothbrush for brushing teeth after meals.....and everyone would brush their teeth after recess along the drains in school......sometimes those would end as water spitting competitions......see whose jet of water from his mouth would be the furthest, worse still, end up spitting water on each other.....

school halls with dark wooden flooring would always be white and dusty after every monday morning assembly, as the canvas shoes we wore would be fresh with shoewhite / shoe powder....hahaha....where's the shoewhite / shoe powder gone? those who forgot to wash their shoes on friday afternoons would try their best to "colour" their canvas shoes with chalk swiped from the classroom.....

remember those recesses that are twenty minutes long only, where you spend more time in the queue than eating alone.....and queueing at the bookshop for junk pencils and erasers....and cards.....haha

and last time it was kuti kuti.....hahaha.....where got pokemon?

that time still have those big fat sticker books you buy that comes with one pack of stickers included.. Smurfs, Mask, Transformers.. then you go to those neighbourhood mama shops to buy additional sticker packs at 30c each.. can stick in your sticker book... the sticker book has story one, the stickers are like screen captures of the tv cartoon..

then some shops lagi best.. even allow you to sticker swap with them.. that's how you can complete the whole album..

still got police and thief ! and remember some crazy boys in school will start to play this army game where they go by rank.. they are the general of course.. then they recruit you.. then every recess you come and play a game with them.. you win you get promoted.. you loose you get demoted.. hehe..

remember when Gameboy were own by the filthy rich ? the ones with gamegear are like... *kowtows.....

remember when you buy yakult just to peel off to see what's underneath.. if got star then you can pass to the drink stall auntie to exchange for toys ? :thumbsup:

too many thing to recall tho ahaha
some still exist some dont :(
...buy a lot of rubber bring to school and play? u win, u get the other party rubber....

best game of the year : ham tam boh lar !! when u go home wif all the mark on your body or even on the face? hehe

too many too many ....

FIRST KING LAST KING!!!! LOL

wahrao.. quite familiar.. but cannot remember.. care to elaborate ?

All the oldies...

Do you remember the pyramid shaped packet milk in the early days? Wat brand were they....when did they become "extinct"...when they first started? Anyone got the facts/photos? :)

Im juz plain curious.

aiyo , how old are u only.

I remember last time I went to macdonald, people asked " Hi, boy, wat do you need?".

Now, people ask " Hi Uncle, wat do you need?".

Originally posted by ninelives

aiyo , how old are u only.

I remember last time I went to macdonald, people asked " Hi, boy, wat do you need?".

Now, people ask " Hi Uncle, wat do you need?".

talking about "uncle", about 1 month ago, a school boy slightly knocked me with his school bag, his mother gave him "the look".
and he said "sorry uncle." AARrggg !!!! I'm only 24 !!! I told this to my GF and we had a great time laughing.

I'm from Penang, but let me try too :p

1) Pepsi-cola (stepping on each others shoes)
2) Kali Toi (trying to run to the end of the badminton court and back again, while the other team run along the lines to BLOCK)
3) Tok Tok Mee (actually this it is also called wan ton mee, but the man selling this will be on his motor bike, hitting a piece of bamboo, to make the "Tok tok tok" sound, sounds exactly like the bamboo thingy on the pucussion)
4) 1 Leg
5) Yeah Yeah Yeah, Pom Pom Pom, Yes Sir, No Sir, 1 2 tali SOM ! (this is the same as the one meantioned by roy, just another way to lom Chiam Pah)
6) Som Three (what we call Lom Chiam Pah)
7) Zhui Lorr Zhui Peng Peng, Zhui Zhui Jiak Pak Zho Lam Peng (a way to choose Police, for catching)
8) Zhui Lorr Zhui Chat Chat, Zhui Zhui Jiak Pak Zho Lam Chat (a way to choose thieves, for catching)
9) ???? (we also have another name or "oh ah peh ah SOM", can't remember)
10) Bubble gum, and them licking the wrapping to transfer the "tatoo" on our arms.
11) "Sawing" (we fashion straws into a kind of saw, and 2 people will "SAW", one will break eventually)
12) "slapping" (we slap 2 cards together, face up wins, face down lose. the cards comes from junk food)
13) "s" (we get this colorful plastic hooks.. shaped like "S" and other stuff that you can link together, we just collect them, or they can be played just like "marbles")
14) Contra, 1945, street fighter

haha. yes, definitely remember those eraser thingies.

remember we used to bring magnetic micro chess sets (those 2 dollar type) and play in class during those "non lecture" periods while doing work...

those tubes of rubbery material for blowing from a straw still exists....still can get them from some provision shops or seven elevens.....i still have two cartons of five year old sparklers......bought them during chinese new year five years ago. haha. those days i could play pyrotechnics for the whole day until i start breathing out smoke.......and stink of magnesium and aluminium powder smoke.

those days we still had soft drinks in glass bottles....i still remember it cost 30 cents each. That was like the shiokest drink in school.....couldn't be better then.

anyone of you remember making bowls and bowls of paper bullets and shooting those most hatred souls in school? I certainly did, always carried with me a whole pill bag full of paper bullets and a stash of rubber bands....wow. I remember having my own blowdarts too, fashioned out of sharpened toothpicks and wadding, by gum, those were powerful. with a macdonald's straw, it became another powerful weapon.

anyone of you remember zee gu pak?

the computers of those days.....i could barely remember learning logo, those cute little drawing program on those super God-knows how-slow-they-were programs, still remember the commands....show turtle:ST.....up down left right how many degrees.......move how much...haha. Gosh. Computers those days really suck.

Still remember Magic Land at Marina Square? Where has it gone now?

Travelling on the MRT was an out of the world thing.....

i remember.....

grease...
care bears...
superman...
supergirl...
cliff richard...
john travolta...
olivia newton john...

nothing else.

Originally posted by wildhoney
i remember.....

grease...
care bears...
superman...
supergirl...
cliff richard...
john travolta...
olivia newton john...

nothing else.

i just remembered.

those years i still listened to Richard Clayderman!!! OMG!
carebears....so was my little pony.
poor John Travolta's flabby now...
guys remember knight rider and airwolf and blue thunder?

Originally posted by Scriabinesque

i just remembered.

those years i still listened to Richard Clayderman!!! OMG!
carebears....so was my little pony.
poor John Travolta's flabby now...
guys remember knight rider and airwolf and blue thunder?
Wau

Knight rider....Airwolf!!! and blue thunder....(I derived my nick from there)
hehhehhee

anyone remember the cartoons

JEM ? (or Gem ?) about this female pop group with a super computer that can cast holograms

GIGI's magical world.... one of the best cartoon I watched, expecially the 2 hour special

the littles ?

the last unicorn ?

i remember last time cigarette 70 cents can buy liao. i remember got triple 5 brand cigarette. I remmeber got fanda green, yellow, red, orange...etc...all kind of colors.
darren, edmund, simon, adam might know, since they are older.

Talking about soft drink in glass bottles, remember the rubber pad under the bottle cap that you can peel off and reveal some graphic or cartoon?

I remember Disney's competition, where you drink Fanta or Coke, and collect the rubber pads unter the bottle cap. Disney characters' faces were printed on the rubber pads, and you get an entry form that has the charaters printed with missing heads (just a circle that is the same size as the rubber pads. Match the pads you collected with the characters printed on the entry form, complete the form, and mail in for the lucky draw. I remember some other forms of such competition, like collecting numbers, etc.

Remember taking bottle caps and flatten them into a flat disk with a hammer? punch 2 small holes on the disk, loop a string through the 2 holes, and then you can spin the disk at high speed by tugging and releasing the string. You can buy the plastic version from toy stores, but the ones made from bottle caps are deadly!

Remember playing bottle cap games, which is a little like kuti kuti? 2 person play against each other, using 1 bottle cap each. Each take turn to flip their own bottle cap and the objective is to get your own bottle cap to rest on top of the opponent's. The winner takes both the bottle caps.

Remember the toy guns with the ammunition in the form of a paper roll? On the paper roll there are dots of explosives. You align the dot between the 2 slapping metal plates on the toy gun. When you pull the trigger, the metal plates will slapp together, triggering the explosives and creat a flash and a loud bang! You can buy the ammunition that comes in a paper tube, contain 3 or 5 rolls of the ammunition. Another toy is in the shape of a rocket. You load the ammunition and throw the rocket into the air. As the rocket fall to the ground, the impact will trigger the explosive.

Do you know which year was the Yaohan buiding on Orchard Road built? I think it was in the early 70's. Coke held a promotion competion; to enter, you guess the number of bottle caps in a large container that was displayed at the Yaohan building.

Originally posted by ninelives
i remember last time cigarette 70 cents can buy liao. i remember got triple 5 brand cigarette. I remmeber got fanda green, yellow, red, orange...etc...all kind of colors.
darren, edmund, simon, adam might know, since they are older.

Remember that if you peel off the sides of a 555 cigarette box, a row of 3 coloutful squares could be seen. They really meant nothing, I guess, but some kid in my neghbourhood discovered the squares, and told the other kids that these were for some sort of lucky draw, and the silly me started picking up 555 cigarette boxes whenever I saw one, and peeling the edges to look at the colout squares.

Remember the earlier TV programs?

- Animation "Xiao3 Qing1 Wah1" (Little Frog?). The title song goes "xiao qing wah, gu gua gu gua, xiao qing wah, gu gua gu gua, da yian da zui ba..."
- Animation "Xiao3 Mu4 Ou3" (unbelievably expanded version of Pinocio)
- Animation "Xiao3 Bao3 Li4 Xian3 Ji4" the boy whose girl friend got captured by an evil lord, and he tried to save here in every episode, and his couragous efforts always failed at the last minute?
- Taiwanese seriese "Bao3 Biao1" that never got broadcast completely as there were so much complains from viewers about the slow moving story?
- The original Justise Bao (Bao1 Qing1 Tian1).
- Japanese "Ultraman", "Giant Robot".

Status
Not open for further replies.