remember remember the 5th of november

V - for Vendetta (movie) ;)

V - for Vendetta (movie) ;)

Oh My Oh My

Idiot - November 5th is Guy Fawkes Night in the UK. It commemorates the attempt by one Guido (Guy) Fawkes and a band of followers to blow up the house of Commons.

There's a poem about it that goes...

Remember, remember the Fifth of November,
The Gunpowder Treason and Plot,
I know of no reason
Why the Gunpowder Treason
Should ever be forgot.

Guy Fawkes, Guy Fawkes, t'was his intent
To blow up the King and Parli'ment.
Three-score barrels of powder below
To prove old England's overthrow;

By God's providence he was catch'd
With a dark lantern and burning match.
Holloa boys, holloa boys, let the bells ring.
Holloa boys, holloa boys, God save the King

Bonfire night is only celebrated in the UK and Parts of Canada these days.

just now got a lot of farting sounds in the distance.

london have la. :bsmilie:

it shd be remembered cos Cola is in the house :D

IMG_1635.jpg

Guy Fawkes Night or Remembrance Day?

Guy Fawkes Night or Remembrance Day?

Guy Fawkes is the 5th of November, gunpowder treason and plot.

Rememberance day is the 11th of November and at 11am which is the time when the Armistace was signed at Versailles ending the War to end all Wars, that is WW-1.

Voila! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van-guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition.

Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it’s my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

Voila! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin van-guarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition.

Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it’s my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.

you win .........

hugo weaving must have practiced that line for hours!

ian - welcome back! how are you?