Remains of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoned

May 7, 2004
Changi
www.photo.net
I was looking through the slides from the other day at Changi V and I found this one too that I shot while waiting for the sun to set. I preferred this to the other one I posted under the landscape forum though that was the one I originally set out to shoot. What do you guys think? CnC appreciated.

ChangiVWaterway1a.jpg

i like the sense of calm in the shot. i would have liked to see more detail in the clouds, and also less of a bluish tint to the photo.

e.g.
63054617.jpg

finally, the inclusion of a strong focal point IMHO (e.g. a fisherman or boat in the foreground) would give the photo greater impact.

I like the blue... it brings out the moody feeling. I also like is because of the contrast and the brightness. Like zaren, more details for the cloud would be better. However, I think zaren had made the photo a little too moody for my liking... :)

SnapSnap said:
I like the blue... it brings out the moody feeling. I also like is because of the contrast and the brightness. Like zaren, more details for the cloud would be better. However, I think zaren had made the photo a little too moody for my liking... :)

guess ur right....just a selective dodging of the clouds would be sufficient, but i was lazy and dodged the whole pic. :)

zaren said:
guess ur right....just a selective dodging of the clouds would be sufficient, but i was lazy and dodged the whole pic. :)
Don't be lazy lah... :p

How about something like this?
ChangiVWaterway1b.jpg

Stoned, do let me know you want me to remove this edited version...

hi Stone, just want to use your post to illustrate how a little more PP might bring the picture closer to what you had in mind

ChangiVWaterway1b.jpg

we all know how limited the sensor range is for digital cameras, i picked up the slight magenta from your picture and did a quick pp to add more warm tones (orange actually) into the picture to 'give back' some colours to the scene. sometimes other than adjusting contrasts and curves, tweaking colours might be beneficial too.

:bsmilie: everyone's having fun with PS

Wow i thought this thread had died without a peep.

Thanks for all your renditions.

Zaren --> I do have an image with a fisherman in the foreground but the background is quite different. Nothing to shout about because of the horrendous lack of detail. Here it is anyway. I had different things that I wanted from different images over the course of the 1hr ++ i was parked there, but not an image where it all came together.

ChangiVFisherman2.jpg

Eikin --> The image was captured on film. The original is actually closer to purple-blue than magenta, but thanks for your rendition.

Stoned said:
Wow i thought this thread had died without a peep.

Thanks for all your renditions.

Zaren --> I do have an image with a fisherman in the foreground but the background is quite different. Nothing to shout about because of the horrendous lack of detail. Here it is anyway. I had different things that I wanted from different images over the course of the 1hr ++ i was parked there, but not an image where it all came together.

ChangiVFisherman2.jpg

Eikin --> The image was captured on film. The original is actually closer to purple-blue than magenta, but thanks for your rendition.

i see! paiseh missed out the slide part

eikin said:
i see! paiseh missed out the slide part

The original slide did have more dynamic range though. I used a cheap flatbed to just scan the images for sharing so the shadow detail got lost in many parts of the image.

Status
Not open for further replies.