Religion

Status
Not open for further replies.
the post processing is too dark.

If you had not mentioned the altar, I wouldn't have noticed. The eye is drawn instinctively to the leading lines to the center of the picture.

your photo doesn't really reflect the subject, "Religion"
did have something nostagic though. :)

I was drawn by the leading lines here. Which is the intended subject? The pathway or the altar?

If the altar is the intended subject, why should it be desaturated? It just serves to blend the altar in with the rest of the image and makes no sense. Also, the vignette eats into the altar, so if the altar is the intended subject, the eye's focus is taken off it because a vignette generally draws the viewer to the center of the frame.

I was drawn by the leading lines here. Which is the intended subject? The pathway or the altar?

If the altar is the intended subject, why should it be desaturated? It just serves to blend the altar in with the rest of the image and makes no sense. Also, the vignette eats into the altar, so if the altar is the intended subject, the eye's focus is taken off it because a vignette generally draws the viewer to the center of the frame.

thanks for all your comments!
anyway, i desaturated the altar so that it wouldnt stand out too much. no doubt it was the subject of the photo, but i wanted it as a subtle highlight. something to notice on a second look.

thanks for all your comments!
anyway, i desaturated the altar so that it wouldnt stand out too much. no doubt it was the subject of the photo, but i wanted it as a subtle highlight. something to notice on a second look.

Errm, i would say tt was a very bad idea. Firstly the intent of the pic is lost, 2ndly the leading lines or rather pillars are distracting viewers away from your "subtle" subject. These 2 reasons are strong enough to take the viewers away from what you want to convey from the pic.

the photo is too dark. i also couldn't see the subject of the photo at first glance which is the altar. i was more focused on the corridor.

Status
Not open for further replies.