Reliability of the Ripvan OEM charger

How long has your Ripvan OEM Charger lasted?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

matoriv

May 21, 2003
Singapore
Visit site
hihi all
just curious to see how many people have used this charger and how long the charger has lasted for em..

for me, i bought my 1st one from w3cube last yr, used it for 6 months before it stopped working...(led lights flicking but after while stops, and e batteries are not chargered yet)

just bought 2nd one from eastgear on sat
but when i 1st tested it @ home, didnt work at all, no lights on watsoever...
going back to exchange or maybe go to maha...

but e ripvan oem can be easily used in usa where ill be going soon but damn...
after 2 bad exp with it.... i dunno to trust it or not..

anyone else had similar probs or veri satisfied with it?

mine is still working... was the 1st batch from Eastgear when they were still at pico bldg.

my euro 2-pin RipVan OEM charger went beserk after 8+ months and started to blink even when there were no batteries inserted.

exchanged it for a new US stowable-2-pin charger with EastGear about two months ago, no questions asked. seems to be working fine.

but it's been sitting quietly on the shelf ever since i picked up a maha 401.

i picked up a maha charger because it can charge individual batts separately. great for devices that use an odd number of batteries.

also, the way the US-type RipVan pins are aligned makes it tricky to use with some power bars - it tends to block my power switch or overlap with the next socket.

Edit: oh, and also because the price of the maha had dropped to $49.95 at the time that i picked it up. almost forgot about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.