Release of Harry Potter & the Half Blood Prince

Status
Not open for further replies.

mich_2103

Jul 26, 2003
Visit site
Hey Folks,
I was wondering if any folks here queued overnight for the release of the book? Seems to me the craze has kinda died down slightly.

The Scholastic version will hit shops here on 16th August.

SPOILERS AHEAD!

I was at Kinokuniya yesterday and saw the books all nicely stacked up at the exit. I flipped to the last few chapters and found out Rowling killed off Dumbledore in this book.

Any Harry Potter fans surprised by this news? :dunno:

Regards,
-Michelle- :D

and what was your point for posting this? You should have at least put *spoiler* in your title. I don't read the HP series, but I would have been really pissed off if I did and saw your post :thumbsd:

Gymrat76 said:
and what was your point for posting this? You should have at least put *spoiler* in your title. I don't read the HP series, but I would have been really pissed off if I did and saw your post :thumbsd:

So your message behind is, people must have a reason for posting a thread? :think:

+evenstar said:
Got my book yesterday without queuing..pre-ordered it...
My friend got his at 0700hrs yesterday and finished reading it by 1200hrs...

Wow... :bigeyes:

Regards,
-Michelle- :)

Gymrat76 said:
Brother, this is Kopitiam, not everything in life needs to have a purpose... :)

Gymrat76 said:

No need so worked up la..relax sia!

mich_2103 said:
Hey Folks,
I was wondering if any folks here queued overnight for the release of the book? Seems to me the craze has kinda died down slightly.

SPOILERS AHEAD!

I was at Kinokuniya yesterday and saw the books all nicely stacked up at the exit. I flipped to the last few chapters and found out Rowling killed off Dumbledore in this book.

Regards,

Dumbledore died!!!
Ayiah i have not read the book
:think:

affando said:
Dumbledore died!!!
Ayiah i have not read the book
:think:
and the super saiyans rule the galaxy!

... next book pls..

Gymrat76 said:

and what was your point for posting this comment? :thumbsd:

mich_2103 said:
Hey Folks,

SPOILERS AHEAD!

Regards,
who is the half-blood prince?
:sticktong

Harry Potter said:
who is the half-blood prince?
:sticktong

do u really want to know? :think:

CHECK THE INTERNET LAH!

>>who is the half-blood prince?
Snape.

Finished the book but found the plot a bit loose. But at least it has more actions than book 5, ie no longer so mysterious. Hope this is still the foundations for book 7, so for the final 4 horcuxes or whatever :D

why must queue up? so many places have it and have so much stock.

you can even pre-order and get it delivered to your house.

If anyone had to queue up, there's a problem.

mich_2103 said:
Hey Folks,

SPOILERS AHEAD!

Regards,

vince123123 said:

In sg, its hard to motivate the general public to be highly motivated to purchase a product or service, think its due to the culture we have... the only sucessful marketing event til now is the hello kitty from macdonalds... really have to salute the marketing crew...

Dumbledore died ? hmm... i thought ending is, Harry Potter died instead?
i guess there's no harm knowing abit.. :what:
hehehe.. can jio my friends go see when movie is out :vhappy:

furrycake said:
Dumbledore died ? hmm... i thought ending is, Harry Potter died instead?
i guess there's no harm knowing abit.. :what:
hehehe.. can jio my friends go see when movie is out :vhappy:

Its still quite hard to presume at this juncture actually. J. K. Rowling once hinted that either Voldermort's Army get too powerful and kill off Harry (or someone else, as long as he dies), or Harry graduates and lives on.

HP:4's movie is coming out on 18 November, HP:5 will probably be next year, and for the latest book, at least 3 years to go.

vince123123 said:

Its those fans who wished to be the first to get the book, that would probably queue up. There are launching parties around, and freebies for the early-grabbers. I for one, got myself some freebies.

Status
Not open for further replies.