Relaxing

Status
Not open for further replies.

alleggerita

Jul 5, 2008
Northeast - Sengkang.
Hi all, here's my picture.
041-1.jpg

1. I would like feedback on the composition. My setup was a D60 with the 18-55mm VR kit lens. Camera in aperture priority, f/8, 1/200 seconds shutter speed, and ISO 100.

2. I want to show the feeling of being relaxed, being out at sea in a slow boat, just enjoying the sea breeze and also the view of the clear blue sea.

3. She looked like she was so carried away by the sea breeze. This picture was taken hastily because the sea breeze only lasted for awhile. Right after I snap, she put her hands down because the breeze was gone.

4. I think my timing of the shot was just about right. The horizon is a little slanted though, because I took this picture in a rush and the boat was rocking. :embrass:

oh dear, the concept is there, but the composition is less than desired. the man in the front is way too distracting and i cant tell at all that she's enjoying the breezel,probably cause i cant see her face and her pose isnt exagerrated enough. the view of the sea is nice but everything else just seems pretty off to me ..

hmm..dun look interesting to me....really a snapshot to me...badly compos

1) love the colors & exposure
2) composition is lively
3) the man is enjoying the beautiful view

vivid colors and the shot show depths in it.

get to know how to frame the main subject. have fun :)

the pic is nice... The relaxing is there but unfortunately i feel that the silhouette guy destroy the whole picture. If you change the angle of shooting without any obstruction to the "female lead" in the pic, that would be a perfect and a nice one ^^

2. I want to show the feeling of being relaxed, being out at sea in a slow boat, just enjoying the sea breeze and also the view of the clear blue sea.

if this is your purpose, even though the resultant picture isn't half bad, your purpose has not been achieved.

if you ask me, the picture that you have posted seems more like a piece into perversion and stalking, but that might be just me. :D

Not stalking la, haha. Just nice she was like posing. But it was only for a short duration, so composition is a problem. I can't leave the cabin and go outside to get a shot, i'll have missed it already. And since I have to take the picture from where I am, I decided to include the boat captain into my picture, making it seems like he's enjoying it too. So I didn't thought the man in the foreground was a distraction. =x

Not stalking la, haha. Just nice she was like posing. But it was only for a short duration, so composition is a problem. I can't leave the cabin and go outside to get a shot, i'll have missed it already. And since I have to take the picture from where I am, I decided to include the boat captain into my picture, making it seems like he's enjoying it too. So I didn't thought the man in the foreground was a distraction. =x

i'm talking about the man, not you, relax

I don't really find the execution of the shot was enough to depict the title. There was no evidence of the sea breeze, if the hair was let down and swaying it would enhance the idea. The many pillars are cutting the picture up into various parts. A visible line is growing from her head. Inclusion of more sky and sea will further enhance the picture. This is more of a candid shot.

Far from my " time to relax ".

Would have been better if you had moved forward to the captain's perspective...

and removed the windows... or just retain only one window to frame her.

i don't feel "relaxing" here... and the "slow boat" :) cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.