Rejection...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Learn to see beauty in ordinariness.

Rise against imposition of bourgeois restricition.

Let all proletariats unite under one camera brand.

You made me wikipedia Proletariat. :( :( :thumbsd:

IMHO:

To me, a lousy photographer yet pro wannabe can improve by learning and learning and trying and trying.

But I strongly believe any lady without X factor or that look will never be seen as a model by me.

IMHO, it is like 100X easier to produce pics with a pretty face in it..

I think glennyong is right in his reply.

Learning to reject and learning to accept rejection is part and parcel of life.

Be tactful and not using hurtful words would be kind of you. Just tell the model that you are tight for time and also, her looks are your kind of photographic subject therefore you have to reject her. But like the others has also said, refer her to put up a thread in CS, I am sure there are many photgraphers who are more than willing to help her in their free time.

Cheers.

IMHO:

To me, a lousy photographer yet pro wannabe can improve by learning and learning and trying and trying.

But I strongly believe any lady without X factor or that look will never be seen as a model by me.
I argee...

I think glennyong is right in his reply.

Learning to reject and learning to accept rejection is part and parcel of life.

Be tactful and not using hurtful words would be kind of you. Just tell the model that you are tight for time and also, her looks are your kind of photographic subject therefore you have to reject her. But like the others has also said, refer her to put up a thread in CS, I am sure there are many photgraphers who are more than willing to help her in their free time.

Cheers.
I can hide, I can lie that I'm busy... but.... I think trying to avoid doesn't really solve the problem...

Just like you see a pic is horrible, you should point that out. In this case, I would like to tell the model wannabe to quit daydreaming bout being a model etc... Too many are dreaming about being someone famous? I think photography studios can really earn alot from these wannabes who thinks of getting nicely done portfolios...

I don't want to shoot is because I don't wish to get the wrong message across.

Some model wannabe approached me for TFCDs... But upon seeing their pic, I seriously think that they do not have wat it takes to be a model.

Well, tell me, how to reject them? Not trying to boost bout my photography skills, I'm just some third-rated photographer, but I seriously don't wish to waste my shutter count and time on them...

er. your ID=PacksOfLies. how to trust u?:bsmilie::bsmilie:

Blah... Searched the whole What The Duck, but cannot find the particular comic strip...
I shall just illustrate.... Something like that...

1) A girl tells the duck that she inspired to be some big actress/models and ask the duck to do her a portfolio.
2) The duck says "I'm a photographer, not a magician"
3) Girl starts crying... The duck says "wah, you're good!"

Blah... Searched the whole What The Duck, but cannot find the particular comic strip...
I shall just illustrate.... Something like that...

1) A girl tells the duck that she inspired to be some big actress/models and ask the duck to do her a portfolio.
2) The duck says "I'm a photographer, not a magician"
3) Girl starts crying... The duck says "wah, you're good!"
if this is the case, just tell the girl that you skill is not there yet.
what so difficult tell people about this?

well.... why not ask them this question

qns) What qualities defines a model ?

let her answer already and reply this

ans) er.... unfortunately, those qualities you mentioned are those you dun have.

;p

its best not to hurt anyone in your words. who knows next time these girls end up married and ask u to take their wedding pics ? wahh.. can earn money ok ! :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

well.... why not ask them this question

qns) What qualities defines a model ?

let her answer already and reply this

ans) er.... unfortunately, those qualities you mentioned are those you dun have.

;p

its best not to hurt anyone in your words. who knows next time these girls end up married and ask u to take their wedding pics ? wahh.. can earn money ok ! :bsmilie: :bsmilie:
Great idea...:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.