Reivew - Tripod - Sirui R1204 + G20

got it together with him. nice. very short wahhaa

Anybody have any idea how much the T2204 goes for?

Anybody have any idea how much the T2204 goes for?

not sure on that, you can give them a call..

For those interested in the R1204, recently my friend went down to purchase it, but was told that they are not bringing it in anymore, as the R2204 is more value for money. therefore only bringing that in. More Sturdy, but bulkier than the R1204.

not sure on that, you can give them a call..

For those interested in the R1204, recently my friend went down to purchase it, but was told that they are not bringing it in anymore, as the R2204 is more value for money. therefore only bringing that in. More Sturdy, but bulkier than the R1204.

Was told by TKFoto that they did not bring in T2204 =(

hi Csers. just want to ask something about the sirui tripod

Do you know about the sirui tripod that has monopod on the tripod it self? (not sure about the model i think it is T-1204 or N-series)

is that worth it to get that? or should i take the normal one (w/o monopod)? because the price is 100$ more than the normal one.

what do u think? thx

Last edited:
I believe it is the N-Series. Personally, i rather save the $100/= and get a monopod .

hi Csers. just want to ask something about the sirui tripod

Do you know about the sirui tripod that has monopod on the tripod it self? (not sure about the model i think it is T-1204 or N-series)

is that worth it to get that? or should i take the normal one (w/o monopod)? because the price is 100$ more than the normal one.

what do u think? thx

I believe it is the N-Series. Personally, i rather save the $100/= and get a monopod .

agree with Raptor1,
if you are tall, you are better off getting a monopod alone. as the one that comes with the N-series is rather short.
the N-series is more compact when folded up as compared to the R-series as well.

Head down to and try out yourself, and see if the N-series suits you.

hi may i ask is there any problem with the plate for vertical shooting?it doesn't seem to be tight enough.everytime i wana try to use for vertical shooting it will be loose.. need help thanks..

the quick release plate?
did u use the allen key to tighten it fully?

JUST GOT A SIRUI T-1005X very happy with the price paid and quality. It is the smallest I think in the Sirui range and yet it holds pretty well FF cam.

I didn't get the BH as I have others so I just pop on my spare Triopo BH and still can fold the legs backwards properly without any legs protruding.

I noticed the Sirui N1204 does get fine sand and dust trapped in the quick release screw threads quite easily. This is a problem as if you do not clean and continue to use, the sand particles will scratch the plating of the screw thread. I am not sure the amount of damage this will cause - whether rust will set in quickly or the screw movement will not be as smooth. Does anyone have this same experience.

Also, there is no lock to prevent over release of the sections of the legs. So it is possible to over unscrew and the entire leg comes off or your hands will be left with some grease.

Last edited:
I noticed the Sirui N1204 does get fine sand and dust trapped in the quick release screw threads quite easily. This is a problem as if you do not clean and continue to use, the sand particles will scratch the plating of the screw thread. I am not sure the amount of damage this will cause - whether rust will set in quickly or the screw movement will not be as smooth. Does anyone have this same experience.

Also, there is no lock to prevent over release of the sections of the legs. So it is possible to over unscrew and the entire leg comes off or your hands will be left with some grease.

hmm didn't really notice about the sand problem, will take note of it the next time i bring it out =)

regarding the legs, hmm i remember my friend once over screwed a gitzo at one of the shops, and the same thing happen as well, just that he didnt get his hands covered with grease ;p
but actually, this isn't much of a problem, as to unlock it, it does not require even a 360degree turn to unlock.

Just got a T1205X

Yet to try it out but I must say it is really value for money if u wanna a CF traveler tripod, going to mount it together with my Markins M10

Sad to say I cant have the most compact tripod, however at least I can keep both in the bag, I am happy.

To those who own Sirui tripods, do you think the stronger ones (eg M2204 or M3204) can support birding lens (500 F4 or bigger)?

The M2204 / M3204 has max stipulated load of 15kg and 18kg respectively, and typically we would use 1/2 max load to determine whether it can support our equipment. With a 500 F4, that would come up to 7kg, and 9 kg with a 600F4. So in theory, the tripods seemed adequate, but I could be missing something, and probably am because all the birders I've seen thus far uses gitzo. (a smaller percentage may use Manny or Feisol, but seldom see them using Benro or Sirui, etc...)

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Edited the above to give more info.

Last edited:
To those who own Sirui tripods, do you think the stronger ones (eg M2204 or M3204) can support birding lens (500 F4 or bigger)?

Thanks.

I don't think its possible.Max weight is only 1.5kg(For the M2204) and 1.8kg(For the M3204).Your 400mm should be heavier than that?:dunno:

The M2204 / M3204 has max stipulated load of 15kg and 18kg respectively, and typically we would use 1/2 max load to determine whether it can support our equipment. With a 500 F4, that would come up to 7kg, and 9 kg with a 600F4. So in theory, the tripods seemed adequate, but I could be missing something, and probably am because all the birders I've seen thus far uses gitzo. (a smaller percentage may use Manny or Feisol, but seldom see them using Benro or Sirui, etc...)

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Edited the above to give more info.

I think their theory goes like this: if I can spend $10k on a lens alone why would I try to skimp a few hundred on tripod knowing that it might be the weakest link in the set up.

The ratings for some brands tend to be overrated. They really need to standardize a way totest their tripods.