Regretted getting 1541T tripod.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotYet100

Dec 4, 2008
Hi pal

I'm at the point of committing to get the 1541T. But as it is a hugh capital payout for me, I would like to seek a final comments from all experienced user here to share your good and bad experience with this tripod.

Many thanks in advance.

it is too small, light, stable

not garang when i carry it next to people who have big heavy tripod like the manfrotto o55

it is a good tripod for travel..... small, very light and stable. Easy to deploy and keep. worth the money.... :thumbsup:

Hi pal

I'm at the point of committing to get the 1541T. But as it is a hugh capital payout for me, I would like to seek a final comments from all experienced user here to share your good and bad experience with this tripod.

Many thanks in advance.

Why not get this instead?

;p

Wow titanium, any idea how much?

I think around $3k? It's limited edition with only 390 pcs manufactured.

Last edited:
Why not get this instead?

;p

:think:mmm... I dont' like the bag that come along with... :bsmilie:

No lah, too expensive and too good for me to use....

:think:mmm... I dont' like the bag that come along with... :bsmilie:

No lah, too expensive and too good for me to use....

Then may be a good idea to go for a Benro. It's much cheaper.

You bought it and regretted or are you just getting views before you take the plunge? :confused: Topic is confusing with your opening post. Anyway, I just got the tripod with a markins Q3T ballhead and is very satisfied due to its lightweight and ease of deployment.

Last edited:
no doubt the 1541T is light and compact but i find the working height too low (major setback) for me (i am close to 1.8m). even with additional base plate + battery grip, i still have to bend down quite considerably for shots. i won't want my back to start aching after shooting in that awkward position for a prolonged period so it is a no no for me. :nono:

i ended up with the something else instead, better stability and good working height for me but of course i lose out on the compactness and weight, maybe just about 10cm longer in length and 100g heavier but i gain 25cm more in working height.

just my 2 cents worth

Hi pal

Many thanks in advance.

The 1541T will probably wont cut it as your main tripod. The main reason you want to pay the premium is to have something sturdy enough when you need to go light. Until I got mine, I sometimes prefer not to bring a tripod and have a bad back for the next few weeks from trekking many km per day. The 1541T changed that for me, so considering this, its worth every single $ I paid for it. Got a number of shots I wouldnt have gotten otherwise. No fancy camera backpack, I just tie it to the side of a standard backpack while the camera and lens are in a pouch and lens case (Think Tank naturally). For me this is the best configuration.

When I'm in the city and have a car I bring my heavier tripod instead so I dont have to stoop down to look into the viewfinder.

So you bought it and you're regretting? Or you're just asking for advice?

Hi pal

Many thanks in advance.
what do you need in a tripod....from there more or less you know what to buy.

I look for strong yet cheap so this heavyweight lah. http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=450021

unless you bird which the 1541T is too small for anyway, why would you be crouching over your tripod for long periods at a time?

Just bought mine - decided on 1541t (versus 1541) as this would be my travel tripod. Conclusion: LOVE IT!
Should have bought one sooner!

This really isn't meant for a main tripod. Small leg diameter makes the tripod less stable, especially with telephoto setups. You can use it, but you'll find a higher chance of getting blur shots then you would have with a more stable tripod.

Also, please give a proper topic subject to your thread.

Edit: Uh, forgot to mention, the tripod is quite short. I recall needing to hunch, and I'm only 1.7m tall.

Last edited:
I had the same thought before but decided on the 1541 as the 1541T is far too short, despite of its compactness. Do take your height and comfort while using the tripod into consideration.

I had the same thought before but decided on the 1541 as the 1541T is far too short, despite of its compactness. Do take your height and comfort while using the tripod into consideration.

That's the trouble with all travel tripods. None of them are built for people above 1.7m. I have a old Manfrotto 144 as my primary tripod as it can reach to almost 2m. For travel, I carry the cheap and light Fancier FT6662A tripod, which unfortunately unravels at 1.5m. (I'm 1.84m. Imagine how far down I have to hunch)

Until they invent a travel tripod that can reach at least 1.7m, I won't bite those big brand names.

If given the budget.

My main concern is the height and weight.

I stood 1.8m and I have a high but heavy tripod. It ended up I have to tell myself not to carry it after a very bad experience of tracking for 5hours.

Hence, I may have to forego the height and comfort for the weight.

Having said this, 1.55m is really low hor....

Status
Not open for further replies.