Regret before?

Which one?

Results are only viewable after voting.

thinkhappy

Feb 26, 2010
Singapore
Hey guys,
i was just wondering if u guys have every brought a lens or a body than regret after using a couple of times? :think:

Mind if you all share some of your experience?;)

Always do your research first and buy what you need and within your means.

nope, because i think carefully if i will use it properly.

i have only sold one lens away, that's the lensbaby 2, and i would have kept it if i had enough money, but i couldn't justify keeping it and using it once a year.

Bodies and lenses no - helps to do research first.

As for tripod and tripodheads... This is really a feeling thing. Feels good, seems good at the shop, but when you bring it out to the field, your realize that there is some quirk previously undiscovered associated with it that really annoys you. I'll sell it away.

To me research doesn't help as much as hands on experiences , but than again it does helps with those technical specs.

I thought title should be "Regret after?" ... cos after ONS, you usually regret it, worrying that she might come back pregnant ... not regret before ... else there won't be so many unwanted pregnancies!

Sorry for out of thread ... just can't help it with the way the title was worded.

Regret after buying ... yes, regret buying the potato chips cos it adds to my every growing waist!

Cheers :D

I thought title should be "Regret after?" ... cos after ONS, you usually regret it, worrying that she might come back pregnant ... not regret before ... else there won't be so many unwanted pregnancies!

Sorry for out of thread ... just can't help it with the way the title was worded.

Regret after buying ... yes, regret buying the potato chips cos it adds to my every growing waist!

Cheers :D

Ooops, Ps didn't notice it till you mention Thks. :bsmilie::bsmilie:

Nope..

Think before u buy..

yes...

some manufacturers would find their ways to make websites and forums delete their dirty secrets... or some reviews, are skewed at the start... and there are always some errors wouldn't show up during the 10 minutes test in the shop before paying money...

best way to prevent after reviewing all the reviews: google (Lens Name) QC Issues, (Lens Name) focus errors, (Lens Name) defect, (Lens Name) problem... Note: you'll get quite a lot of false alarm here... read properly what others writing...

i've sold off several lenses, not because i regret buying them but your needs change as you go along.

Also, if you don't mind buying second hand L lenses, your selling price can even be higher than your buying price and at the end you get free few months rental :)

i've sold off several lenses, not because i regret buying them but your needs change as you go along.

Also, if you don't mind buying second hand L lenses, your selling price can even be higher than your buying price and at the end you get free few months rental :)

Woah, L lenses are :eek: too much for me i guess , i'm still a student :(

I still keep most of the photographic item I brought. No regret even for those considered as unsatisfactory purchase, luckily just 1 or 2.

To me research doesn't help as much as hands on experiences , but than again it does helps with those technical specs.

It helps to research. You might not buy the perfect lens for yourself but at least it might be for some one else. Can always post here and sell away. :> Lost abit rather than lose all. Do you happen to regret buying a macro lens? :> hee hee

Last edited:
if you plan your purchases, so that you get stuff you need and get them at a slooow rate, you usually do not get buyer's regret.

If you fear regret of buying the wrong item, why not get it second hand in B&S forums. But still you need to do a bit of research on the equipment second hand pricing worth as some sellers post pricing almost close to the shop price. Also you need to know what to look out and check for when testing the item before deal. Lastly when testing, please be careful as once broken considered sold :p

yes. bodies and lenses . but i still keep them .

ryan

I never regret. sometimes I do buy something that I hardly use but I still don't regret it and never sell it because I might have use for it later.even if I use it just once, the item have served it's purpose,so no regrets.