Registering own website address (domain)

ahmad0420

Mar 6, 2010
Yishun
www.shadefotoworks.com
I was wondering how is it to go about registering my own website name? And most importantly the cost of doing so

Anyone have any idea?

Thanks in advanced!

www.sgnic.net for more info if you want to register a .sg domain. cost you $40+ per year.

u can also get a .com domain from namecheap or godaddy etc for $8-9+ usd per year.

you will also need to find a webhost to host your website and domain. try www.apc.sg (they are based in sg).

Google Apps does it for about USD10 per year. Check it out but no .sg domain there.

For domains ending with .sg (.com.sg .per.sg or .sg), you'll need to register with sgnic. Else other registrars like networksolutions.com do provide both domain name registration and web hosting.

You can visit http://www.sgwebhostingtalk.com/, tons of useful info and discussion there.

For first time sme, u will get the registration free for first year.

I am with vooju.com and find it quite good.

Hart

GoDaddy cheap than namecheap?
but GoDaddy if u want to add protection whois it will be more ex but most ppl dont add right?

do anyone know the renew fee for GoDaddy & namecheap

yup im on godaddy and its pretty affordable. got a hosting plan for 100gb space and 1000gb bandwidth monthly. paying like $3 a month or osmething like that

their customer service is also quick and helpful. no problems so far after 4 years and i just renewed for another 3

as i saw alot of forum they compare both..
so i m quite confuse which is gd lol