Regarding Raynox 250

luckyorange

Jan 13, 2011
Ang Mo Kio
hi guys, im interested in getting a Raynox-250 im thinking if it can work well with my kit lens? 18-55mm and im using D3000 only. can give some advice? tyty

if it can work well with d3000 kit lens? like if i want to shoot some insect is it possible?

luckyorange said:
if it can work well with d3000 kit lens? like if i want to shoot some insect is it possible?

It can work with most lenses within the thread range.. But if you want something more flexible suggest you get the kenko extension tube set. Comes in a pack if three to play around with.

I bought the raynox but found that i have to be very patient with it.

Some seniors might suggest the reverse lens technique on e.g the 50mm f1.8 lens etc to save you the money while you try out macro.. But if you're into macro photog the extension tube set is a good investment.

Can get it from places like camera workshop for $195.

Altly you can buy a 2nd hand macro lens if you have a little extra funds.

It can work with most lenses within the thread range.. But if you want something more flexible suggest you get the kenko extension tube set. Comes in a pack if three to play around with.

I bought the raynox but found that i have to be very patient with it.

Some seniors might suggest the reverse lens technique on e.g the 50mm f1.8 lens etc to save you the money while you try out macro.. But if you're into macro photog the extension tube set is a good investment.

Can get it from places like camera workshop for $195.

Altly you can buy a 2nd hand macro lens if you have a little extra funds.
meaning? i dont really know how to use those tube also but try to find out more haha

luckyorange said:
meaning? i dont really know how to use those tube also but try to find out more haha

You have to use manual focus all the time and it's not exactly easy if you're shooting handheld with the level of magnification. But it could be just me. :)

Maybe I could lend you mine to test out if you like. :)

luckyorange said:
http://store.tagotech.com/product_in...8452410c3f545d

so even if i bought the kenko i have to use MF also? is the above extension tube same as kenko? it wrote there AF so meaning i have to use MF also? haha thanks
so meaning all macro shoot must be in MF ah?

I think you will be able to use the AF with kenko.. Like it'll be easier to AF compared to the raynox...

hi guys, im interested in getting a Raynox-250 im thinking if it can work well with my kit lens? 18-55mm and im using D3000 only. can give some advice? tyty

The Raynox-250 will work with a 18-55mm zoom.

DSC00003.jpg

oic. so meaning kenko af will be easier than raynox? hmm

I personally like my +10 HOYA close-up lens mounted on my 50mm prime lens.

DSC06195.jpg

Diavonex said:
I personally like my +10 HOYA close-up lens mounted on my 50mm prime lens.

Sorry OT abit. May I know how much you paid..?

Sorry OT abit. May I know how much you paid..?

I paid $86 for this 2 element close-up lens; it better than the single element HOYA.

The good thing about this close-up lens is that you can screw it on/off very quickly.

Diavonex said:
I paid $86 for this 2 element close-up lens; it better than the single element HOYA.

The good thing about this close-up lens is that you can screw it on/off very quickly.

Thanks! May I know where you got it from? :D

I bought it from Seng Cheong the importer for HOYA. Their office is at Middle Rd. Tel: 63363244 :)

Hi again Diavonex, didn't know you had a 2-element +10 close-up lens. Do you mind displaying just any one picture taken with your +10 close-up lens so that we newbies (me and luckyorange) get an idea of the magnification? Thanks! :)

Last edited: