Regarding network speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ireallydontlikepink

Jan 18, 2010
Second Last Stop of East Side
Dear all IT savvy ppls ;)

I need your help here.
MY place network is under singnet but then why is network very slow?

Any reasons behind it? ..

..... i got 3 lappy sharing ...

What is your internet speed? What are your laptops doing? Bittorrent, streaming videos, etc? What sites are you hititng?

There are too many variables. Have you called singnet to ask?

What is your internet speed? What are your laptops doing? Bittorrent, streaming videos, etc? What sites are you hititng?

There are too many variables. Have you called singnet to ask?

oh yea. rash arent u a network admin?:bsmilie:

check ur bandwidth. i'm not sure how it works ever since i'm running on 3mbps. last time 512 if 2 comps i believe u share half each or something:think:

oh yea. rash arent u a network admin?:bsmilie:

check ur bandwidth. i'm not sure how it works ever since i'm running on 3mbps. last time 512 if 2 comps i believe u share half each or something:think:

Speed is different from bandwith. Speed determines how fast data can be transferred, bandwith determines how much data can be transferred in a given time. If ur using mio box, it could be that the router, being quite lousy, is not able to handle so many connections at the same time. Also, they can throttle your network when your downloading stuff from bittorrent, or generally when you're downloading stuff very fast.

Speed is different from bandwith. Speed determines how fast data can be transferred, bandwith determines how much data can be transferred in a given time. If ur using mio box, it could be that the router, being quite lousy, is not able to handle so many connections at the same time. Also, they can throttle your network when your downloading stuff from bittorrent, or generally when you're downloading stuff very fast.

yep thats why i said check bandwidth. i'm suspecting that his router cannot handle the heavy data transfer. also the speed matters along with bandwidth. am i making sense?:think:

yep thats why i said check bandwidth. i'm suspecting that his router cannot handle the heavy data transfer. also the speed matters along with bandwidth. am i making sense?:think:

Hmm yeah I can aga aga guess what ur talking about bah and it makes sense. It's like processor and RAM. Yup.

Mio box really struggles at handling multiple connections, when you have alot of computers connecting to it and opening alot of sessions / connections, it buay tank, then crash lor :bsmilie:

But @TS: slow meaning ur webpages just load slowly, or is it that sometimes cannot even load at all?

P.S. im not a network expert.

Last edited:
Our network also Si Beh slow once.

But after we got a high priest to jump around and chanting and burning some joss sticks and joss papers, the network speed had gone back to normal.

The priest said there is a cyber Chi blockage somewhere in the system.

:bsmilie:

But after we got a high priest to jump around and chanting and burning some joss sticks and joss papers, the network speed had gone back to normal.

really meh? i thought is got imbalance in the yin and yang? I consulted my priest cum network engineer and he told me that...:think: strange

Can intro priest to my sister? Haha she is the hyper complaining one leh haiz

dear all
thanks for response.
let me check the bill for the speed coz i also not sure ..
blindly sign up the cheaterbug MIO ...

..... my sister pps, my brother youtube, i CS ...

.... i think they ate my bytes man and complain my speed slow! ..
sighz

thanks for reply i give more infor tmr
now .... sleepy liao .. .

The high priest is quite yandao.

He drives a fast sport car and uses a Platinum credit card and wears Rolax watch.

He is right for any gal.

u mean me?:think: i'm honoured:angel:

Dear all IT savvy ppls ;)

I need your help here.
MY place network is under singnet but then why is network very slow?

Any reasons behind it? ..

..... i got 3 lappy sharing ...

where is the base?

is everyone suffering from a slowdown, or just isolated users?

you can easily test your modem speeds by plugging one laptop direct, and then use any of those speed test sites.

that would at the very least, identify where the problem lies, for all you know, it is not singnet's problem, but because of wireless signal.

dear all
thanks for response.
let me check the bill for the speed coz i also not sure ..
blindly sign up the cheaterbug MIO ...

sighz

thanks for reply i give more infor tmr
now .... sleepy liao .. .

If you have your singnet user id n password or ic..

login to https://userweb.singnet.com.sg/Consumer_Main.shtml
select singnet broadband. U can check your broadband speed dun need to wait for bill ;)

is everyone suffering from a slowdown, or just isolated users?

Think its really just anti-pink's connection. She was asking me :bigeyes: how come I could load my page almost as immediately as she gave me the link, compared to how long she wld normally take.

I have 2 laptops running concurrently via CISCO Linksys wireless and the speed is 54Mbps.

Using Starhub MAXONLINE.

I have 2 laptops running concurrently via CISCO Linksys wireless and the speed is 54Mbps.

Using Starhub MAXONLINE.
Are you sure? Actual internet connection speed =/= maximum speed of 54 Mbps while connected using 802.11g "Wireless G" protocol from your PC to your Linksys router. :nono:

Last edited:

sighz

Your sister is using PPS.. video steaming watching movies isit.. alamak.. she uses up all the bandwidth lah....

Add youtube somemore.. your siblings are siphoning bandwidth off your connection....

Status
Not open for further replies.