Regarding flash

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoelT

Dec 1, 2008
Singapore;Tampines
I have a question here, does 3rd party lens work better on Cannon 450D or normal Cannon speedlite 430EX ?

Last edited:
this will depend on which model u choose even between brands. each flash model will have its strength & weakness, then there's price to consider.

Be it canon, sony, nikon, olympus yada yada yada..... it's commonly know to work better than the equivalent 3rd party lens or flash. This is also reflected in the price. So which is better, again it depends on indivdual.

it depends on how you use the flash, and your requirements. i have a friend who uses nothing but 3rd party flashes for his commercial assignments, and then i have a friend who swears by "original" (be it Nikon, Canon, Sony etc.) speedlights.

Since you have the choice to use a canon flash which has a wide range of compatibility with diffuser options and such, why not?

Unless you're a Pentax user (like me) or oly, etc etc dslr, which doesn't take in canon or nikon, i don't see why you shouldn't go for the more popular flashes. :sweat: For me, every time i see some sort of flash accessory the first thing that comes to mind is "will this be compatible with my flash?". Normally such items are available for pairing with the Canon/Nikon flashes. If they're not, normally they would state so as well, saving you from buying an incompatible item.

Last edited:
If $ is not an issue, go for original canon to go with ur body....

Status
Not open for further replies.