regarding E-Warranty..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunny815

Jan 11, 2009
if we send our set in to sony for service.. do they need to see our reciept ??? or jus the e-warranty ?

Last edited:
Preferably both.

At least for me, I brought the warranty card itself with my purchase receipt and I registered online as well. But they could access it from their computer and do not require me to show proof of purchase and the warranty card.

So I think if you've registered for E-warranty, it should be ok. Though it's better to bring everything unless you lost the warranty card or something ;).

did u send back the warranty card ? i heard if apply the warranty online then no need to send back the warranty card.. ???

Uuhh what you mean send back warranty card? As in hand over the warranty card to them?

For my situation, I just needed to tell them my particulars and they got my information already (Eg date of purchase, end of warranty etc etc.)

So I need not pass to them anything (except camera and equipment) for servicing.

They will pass me this "receipt" that I will need to bring along when I come to collect my stuffs. They will notify through SMS (as they claim) but I decided to call them to check if they have my stuffs with them already then I came down :).

Hope this helps.

EDIT: I think I understand what you meant. Nope no need to send them your warranty card after you register for E-warranty. You can keep your actual copy of the warranty card :).

Status
Not open for further replies.