regarding camera lens filters

Status
Not open for further replies.

agentmonkey

Jul 10, 2004
www.flickr.com
hey guys

was reading this book, came across this filter called neutral graduated filter...

can someone tell me what's the difference between that, neutral density filters and polarising filters and UV filters?

thanks!

My UV filter seems to have some slight smudges which I can't remove by wiping with lens fibre cloth. The filter came with a 2nd hand lens I bought. I have never drop the filter before and l always blow and wipe the filter after use. Why will there be unremovable smudges? Is there anyway I can remove the smudges on the filter? I am thinking of using lens cleaning solution on my fibre cloth to try to see whether i can wipe away the smudges. Will be of help?

aaron80 said:
My UV filter seems to have some slight smudges which I can't remove by wiping with lens fibre cloth. The filter came with a 2nd hand lens I bought. I have never drop the filter before and l always blow and wipe the filter after use. Why will there be unremovable smudges? Is there anyway I can remove the smudges on the filter? I am thinking of using lens cleaning solution on my fibre cloth to try to see whether i can wipe away the smudges. Will be of help?

Fungus?? :ipuke:

aaron80 said:

my hoya hmc have this problem but it can be cleansed very throughly with a lense pen, U just have to rub harder with it.

Thanks..:) Finally got rid of the smudges after 10 mins of intensive cleaning with lens cloth and lens pen.

jeffreyk said:
my hoya hmc have this problem but it can be cleansed very throughly with a lense pen, U just have to rub harder with it.

aaron80 said:
Thanks..:) Finally got rid of the smudges after 10 mins of intensive cleaning with lens cloth and lens pen.
Sorry, but it will come again :( .

Regards,
Arto.

huh? why?:( Mine is not hoya, is kenko. I heard hoya filter doesnt really have a very gd reputation..

Artosoft said:
Sorry, but it will come again :( .

Regards,
Arto.

aaron80 said:
huh? why?:( Mine is not hoya, is kenko. I heard hoya filter doesnt really have a very gd reputation..

If I'm not mistaken, when there is a build up of smudges or funus, it is often due to the fact that there is some blemish on the filter surface itself and the chance of it recurring back at the same spot is very high.

As for Hoya, some users do not like them due to the build quality, it often has free play between the glass element and the frame. Cleaning it is also not so easy as compared to say a Nikon NC or a B & W one.

I see.. I hope my filter is not the case..:( Is Kenko filter good? I am thinking of getting a B & W filter? How much it costs?

zac08 said:
If I'm not mistaken, when there is a build up of smudges or funus, it is often due to the fact that there is some blemish on the filter surface itself and the chance of it recurring back at the same spot is very high.

As for Hoya, some users do not like them due to the build quality, it often has free play between the glass element and the frame. Cleaning it is also not so easy as compared to say a Nikon NC or a B & W one.

aaron80 said:
I see.. I hope my filter is not the case..:( Is Kenko filter good? I am thinking of getting a B & W filter? How much it costs?

Sorry, I'm also a newbie... gotta ask the experts

aaron80 said:

Hoya and Kenko are the same, just different brand in different countries.

Status
Not open for further replies.