Reg: Tripod stand for D700+24-70F2.8

Arun D

Jul 15, 2010
Hi All,

I am planning to buy a tripod(Carbon fiber/aluminium). Currently I am using 24-70 lens. I need a tripod
stand, it should with stand atleast 10-15kgs weigh(bcoz might use Cam+lens+flash+battary grip). Past
one month I am going to funan to choose this one, But I couldn't. Bcoz of price :(.
Any one suggest me some brands, which is good quality as well as less price(my budget is around s$300 for
tripod and ballhead:) ).
Or any suggestion to choose the tripods and ballheads.

I am using a g20 ball head. Good and strong.

Check out Sirui tripods and ballheads at TK Photo, 2nd storey Funan. They should have something for you.

Thanks. I will try this weekend.

yah i wonder if the gorrillapod can hold?

I'm using a Photoclam Multiflex geared head and an Arca Swiss C1. Both are of identical design and reputed to have a loading capacity of 100kg. My heaviest setup is a D3 and 70-200 f/2.8. What's that? 20 times redundancy? I chosed these geared heads because they offer precise movement at all 3 axis, which is critical for my line of work. My point being, loading capacity is only one of many consideration for picking up a set of camera support. Functional requirements is just as critical.

TS, I am using the same setup as u less the MB-D10. but i also use the 70-200 and SB900.

my tripod is rated to load 5kg and ballhead rated to load 10kg. its doing pretty well for me. my own rule for choosing a tripod and ballhead is

1. tripod load 2-3x the weight of your gear would surffice, any more is a bit over kill in terms of load, cost and weight of the tripod itself. dont forget the higher the load ability the larger the tripod, more costly and bigger = heavier. most setup are under 3kg range unless u shoot nature with lens weighting in at 3kg or more else there really is no need to over kill on the tripod load.
2. Ballhead load must be 2x or more than your gear weight, the higher the better else the camera will creep easily in portriat orientation when your gear is too heavy. the load of the ballhead have some relation to the size of the ball, the heavier the load the bigger the ball, but its not 100% accurate.

sirui is a pretty nice brand and value for $. personally using giottos for its function and other reasons but find it pretty good.

SLR revo recently announce they bring in giottos. so go funan lvl 2 TK foto to try sirui and lvl 4 SLR revo to try giottos.

Hi All,

I am planning to buy a tripod(Carbon fiber/aluminium). Currently I am using 24-70 lens. I need a tripod
stand, it should with stand atleast 10-15kgs weigh(bcoz might use Cam+lens+flash+battary grip). Past
one month I am going to funan to choose this one, But I couldn't. Bcoz of price :(.
Any one suggest me some brands, which is good quality as well as less price(my budget is around s$300 for
tripod and ballhead:) ).
Or any suggestion to choose the tripods and ballheads.
Try ARTWORKFOTO. They have a Fotopro brand carbon fibre tripod (model MGC-684N) that can take 12kg ;)

Thanks... I will try sirui and giottos...
But my opinion is to get the good one atleast(if best not possible)...

If it is for travel, go for CArbon Fiber and at least 4 Sections Open up to 175cm Min Height.

If it is just for Singapore and studio uses, Still go for Carbon Fiber, 3 section at least 1.8m high.

Hope you think a bout a good head to support the Gear. The heard should not cost 50% less than the Legs. :-}

one more thing... make sure the last section of the legs are thicker than your Middle Finger. If you are really tiny, as fat as your thumb.

Cheers!

Thanks... I will try sirui and giottos...
But my opinion is to get the good one atleast(if best not possible)...

kinda hard to get the best possible with just $300...top of the line(Really Right Stuff etc) can run into the thousands.

Try Benphoto at Peninsular shopping centre. They solely bring in Benro tripods, I would recommend at least a B1 ball head (12kg max load) arca swiss standard. And choose the legs you like. They have a very very wide selection. Do have a look :D

If it is for travel, go for CArbon Fiber and at least 4 Sections Open up to 175cm Min Height.

If it is just for Singapore and studio uses, Still go for Carbon Fiber, 3 section at least 1.8m high.

Hope you think a bout a good head to support the Gear. The heard should not cost 50% less than the Legs. :-}

one more thing... make sure the last section of the legs are thicker than your Middle Finger. If you are really tiny, as fat as your thumb.

Cheers!

Thanks. Got some extra cash from my friends, so my budget slightly increased to s$400.
So probably will buy carbon fiber...

Try Benphoto at Peninsular shopping centre. They solely bring in Benro tripods, I would recommend at least a B1 ball head (12kg max load) arca swiss standard. And choose the legs you like. They have a very very wide selection. Do have a look :D

Thanks. I will have a look.

Wow, so many suggestion's. thanks a lot. I just increased my budget to s$400. So might get nice one, this weekend.