Reg: Tripod stand for D700+24-70F2.8

Wow, so many suggestion's. thanks a lot. I just increased my budget to s$400. So might get nice one, this weekend.

Be careful of your jaw dropping to the floor when you see some of the prices for the higher-end tripods and ballheads! ;)
Good luck!

a friend bought his CF tripod and ballhead set fr 400++ (sirui traveller series with monopod function) and his gear is the same as TS D700 with 24-70.

ooh forgot to add in my previous post, a pointer in choosing your tripod.

3. the height of the tripod should reach abt your neck without the center column extended. reason > at your neck area, + 8-12cm (ballhead) + camera, the view finder will be abt where your eye is.

nixontkl said:
a friend bought his CF tripod and ballhead set fr 400++ (sirui traveller series with monopod function) and his gear is the same as TS D700 with 24-70.

ooh forgot to add in my previous post, a pointer in choosing your tripod.

3. the height of the tripod should reach abt your neck without the center column extended. reason > at your neck area, + 8-12cm (ballhead) + camera, the view finder will be abt where your eye is.

Actually it depends. I like it around 10 cm lower. So when standing straight up I can still see the top LCD and I like to lean into the viewfinder.

Hi All,

Finally got my Tripod(might atleast I visited funan every week in this past 2-3months). Thats why I posted here for some suggestions. Thanks a lot guys.
I bought Sirui R-2204(Carbon fiber) + K20 ballhead, total price $338 @ TK poto.

Hi All,

Finally got my Tripod(might atleast I visited funan every week in this past 2-3months). Thats why I posted here for some suggestions. Thanks a lot guys.
I bought Sirui R-2204(Carbon fiber) + K20 ballhead, total price $338 @ TK poto.

Sounds like a good combo.
2204 is tall enough for you?