Reg: AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8G ED

Arun D

Jul 15, 2010
Hi All,

For my D700, I am planning to buy new lens. After my small research, finally decided to buy this one. Here in SG its price is around 2650SGD. Is it worth to buy.
And in US its price is 1750USD(around 2250SGD), what u ppl suggest... is it possible to get used lens less than 2000SGD in a gud condition... Please help me guys...

Arun D

If you take a look at the BnS section in this forum, you will be flooded by ppl selling around 2k. Condition wise, you better meet up with the seller and view them yourself.
Buying from US means you need to travel there to buy or have them shipped over and it will lead you back to ard 2.4k with shipping (I think). Worth the effort or not? Only you will know.

I purchased AF-S NIKKOR 24-70mm f/2.8G ED is at the first shipment, using it for several years,
the conclusion is in addition to weight, there is nothing bad about this. About 6 month back,
I bought another lens, the 24mm-120mm f4 VR, after comparing, besides slightly more distortion (shooting building)
and focus is slightly slower, in color and sharpness is not too far off. But much lighter in weight and small in size, also cheaper in price.

In this link : http://www.flickr.com/photos/kskong/sets/72157626816948511/
Most of the landscapes photos are using the 24mm-120mm f4 VR.

Thanks a lot guys :)
My frnd is in US... he will get it for me..