Reflections

Status
Not open for further replies.

m00nman26

May 5, 2003
Singapore Pasir RIs
jameschia26.multiply.com
POsted this somewhere else but thought to put it here for critiques.

Attempt at an abstract view at Kallang Stadium. Overexposed to capture the reflection, and also to bring off attention off the actual space. Without mentioning, some could'nt tell its actually a reflection.

22.jpg

It is pretty obvious that there's something not quite right with the reflection part though - there are these vertical streaks if you look closely.

I did try such a shot but didn't quite like it - quite like the treatment being done here ; why didn't you try to put the floodlights in? You definitely can, if you switch angles and move around. =)

good stuff there. adding onto night86mare, multiple takes is always a good idea as i've learnt from prac-crit wit fellow photographers. it's not so much 'casting a wider net' (to get the right photo by trial and error..) but really to explore your own creative eye in seeing from varying perspectives (eg. changing angle of perspective, field of view, what to include/exclude in the frame..)
i like the idea of capturing the reflection. i've never actually come across such scenes where a nice long reflective surface was present alongside a uncrowded setting giving you much more creative room :) glad that you did, and have shared it with us!

Status
Not open for further replies.