Reflections @ Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve

Status
Not open for further replies.

sulhan

May 11, 2002
Melbourne, Australia
www.md-sulhan.com
Hiee pals...

Juz to share some reflection series..taken this morning...haha...after a long week of rain...finally the birds got a chance to sun themselves...in the sun...

sbwrreflect0.jpg

sbwrreflect1.jpg

sbwrreflect2.jpg

sbwrreflect3.jpg

sbwrreflect4.jpg

Really great to hear the flock of birds zooming over you head with a washy woof!!! of wind...

rgds,
sulhan

I like the last shot most. Especially the wave on the water surface.

zcf said:
great reflection series, which lens did you use for birding?
Hiee Z..

I mainly use a 400mm for the birds and the 75-300 for the summary shot of the place (1st pic)...hahah...travel simple today....only two lens today...

Its my firs time heading to SBWR....very early....was at the gate by 6.30am....and too bad not open yet....headed to the nearby food center for nasi lemak.....hahahah..... Thanks to AncientMariner who prompted me throuhg one of pur conversations...an idea to go there really early to catch first light birdies...

rgds,
sulhan

I love the 3rd pics. Imagine if the birds is near the ground (as what your pics shows) plus the background is not present. They will look :bigeyes:
Anyway, can see you're getting better images nowadays. 2 :thumbsup: for you dude.

Nice works, Sulhan! I was there yesterday for the 1st time too. But I couldn't manage to get any closeup shots of the birds :cry: ...only got 70-300mm and a kit lens, so ended up with some landscape shots instead, mind if I borrow ur thread to show some of mine?

BTW, how can u survive the mozzies there? :confused: I was bitten a couple hundreds of times at least in less than 1 hr :bsmilie:

Cheers..

thumbs up for second and last pic!

I like all and think the 3rd picture is the best because, unlike taking pictures of walking or almost stationary birds on the ground, it's probably not easy to pan and time the flying birds nicely. On top of that, you must be at the right angle and height to catch the reflection nicely in the water. This means that the birds need to be at the right place at right time.

:thumbsup:

Clockunder said:
I like all and think the 3rd picture is the best because, unlike taking pictures of walking or almost stationary birds on the ground, it's probably not easy to pan and time the flying birds nicely. On top of that, you must be at the right angle and height to catch the reflection nicely in the water. This means that the birds need to be at the right place at right time.

:thumbsup:

Yup! He got a nice & sharp reflection too!:thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.