Reflections of Siam Square (Bangkok)

Status
Not open for further replies.

unitedsmurfs

Feb 19, 2004
reflection.jpg

Couldnt really get the exact reflection i wanted. it was either the row of shoes in the shop or the reflection of the street. anybody know what i have to do inorder to get the objects behind the glass? not that i am there now but if i do have a chance next time to take this sort of shots

leftside.jpg

i'm abit iffy on this one. i think it is tilted. what does everybody think?

I like the 1st one... good use of reflection instead of the normal capturing... seems to reflect the stand that we are afterall viewing life thru the other side of the mirror :)

Try B&W.. your shots seems to lack a little contrast. Show more!!

reflectionbw.jpg

Thanks for that, not really sure how to do black and white. I have no experience with photoshop or any post processing programs. only using acdsee photo editor. never done B&W before, i changed the colour palette to 256 grayscale. is that that way it should be done. as above?

leftsidecontrast.jpg

okie dokies just figured out how to adjust contrast using acdsee. erm dunno what kind of effect i am going for but i think this looks much or maybe i am just having fun adjusting the levels. cheerios!!

hee hee, keep asking you to crop your photo....:embrass:
the 2nd photo, crop away or ps away those the top letters (does it look better?)

Hi,

To get rid of the reflections you need a polariser filter.......

HS

leftsidecontrast2.jpg

Okie dokes cropped. i guess i have to decide what i want to portray in the photo right? too many things too distracting. i think that would be the reason for the cropping issue. i cut out the person (actually my gf) too to focus on the words.

Regarding the polarising filter, its only possible on more professional cameras...prosumer and dslr right? hmm oh well guess i cannot do that on my pentax optio s.

Btw the image is a rectangle but is it me or the right side seems to be taller than the left? optical illusion?

You can still use a pol filter with a point and shoot cam: turn the pol in front of your eyes till the reflections are gone, then keep that position, and hold it in front of your lens with your hands.......turn a little to see the effect on he LCD screen, you need a third hand for this :)

Status
Not open for further replies.