Reflection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 10, 2006
www.wenwenphotography.com
I went to Yishun bottle tree park this evening and saw this beautiful lotus reflection. Taken with Nikon D80. How's the composition? And anything else to improve? Thank you ^^

2334618451_6b890a8a5d.jpg
[/IMG]

1) composition isn't too bad, the recurring image in the distance lends some strength to it and adds quite some interest

2) problem is the exposure, the underexposure renders the colors murkey and makes the picture seem less vibrant than i suspect it could be :) even if you had intended a moody mood - it's not here not there, if you get what i mean

i did try playing with it in photoshop, somehow the details are lost to shadow so i guess we have to make it moody, here's my try

2334714151_d77e799282_o.jpg

there is something missing from the photograph though, i can't exactly say what it is, perhaps the arrangement of the leaves is not very aesthetically pleasing.

1) composition isn't too bad, the recurring image in the distance lends some strength to it and adds quite some interest

2) problem is the exposure, the underexposure renders the colors murkey and makes the picture seem less vibrant than i suspect it could be :) even if you had intended a moody mood - it's not here not there, if you get what i mean

i did try playing with it in photoshop, somehow the details are lost to shadow so i guess we have to make it moody, here's my try

there is something missing from the photograph though, i can't exactly say what it is, perhaps the arrangement of the leaves is not very aesthetically pleasing.

Hello, thanks for the comment. I actually thought of making it into B&W with photoshop since I was not able to get a "sharp" lotus as I expected. I didn't bring along my tripod and I know my hand was shaking at that point of time. Btw, i like your try ^^

I actually perfered the original coloured one. The B/W lacks of details and the lotus doesn't look like lotus anymore. Too bad the lotus is not blooming yet, it would be better if the pink lotus flower can be seen, this will enhance the focus point more. Maybe also add some grain to the pic to add to the mood.

I think it would be better to clone out the lotus in the background. Somehow, I feel that if you want to focus on a specific item, one is enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.