Not open for further replies.

elfvin

Oct 29, 2005
Bukit Panjang
www.alvinewe.com
sunrisepr.jpg

comments? :)

ugly? no meaning whatsoever.

dont really see much reflection in the pool... and hard to do it with sunlight..
more focus on the pool perhaps? given your title.

too much contrast also between the overexposed bright areas and the underexposed shadows.

jdredd said:
dont really see much reflection in the pool... and hard to do it with sunlight..
more focus on the pool perhaps? given your title.

too much contrast also between the overexposed bright areas and the underexposed shadows.

i shall find a better spot to shoot then. i took it while in the pasir ris chalet.. which is very sudden and thus got a comment "ugly?" haha.

I don't think it's just a matter of finding a better spot or angle you'll get a "better" photo. Composition, subject and etc are equally important besides taking at the right timing when the sun is not so glaring or directly in front of the camera and etc. Nothing is right with your photo that's worth commenting on, unfortunately. Sorry, don't mean to be rude or critical here but rather giving realistic advise.

Maybe you can tell us what you are trying to do?
Then maybe the people here can help you get it right.

ob1canob said:
I don't think it's just a matter of finding a better spot or angle you'll get a "better" photo. Composition, subject and etc are equally important besides taking at the right timing when the sun is not so glaring or directly in front of the camera and etc. Nothing is right with your photo that's worth commenting on, unfortunately. Sorry, don't mean to be rude or critical here but rather giving realistic advise.

ok, i apologise then. i have to brush up on my skills. im really that bad but im working on it. and thanks again.

nottipiglet said:
Maybe you can tell us what you are trying to do?
Then maybe the people here can help you get it right.

i thought this photo was pretty nice but then again, nah. haha. thanks.

kunjack said:
is the pic too saturated?? :dunno: coz i see the sun was like overly done...

i guess so and i didnt make the silhouette stand out infront of the sun. bad shot!

although there isn't much meaning to the piece, i do not want to dismiss it as having no merits. here's a slightly modified version which i think is an interesting commentary on formal composition

sunrisepr1.jpg

yes thats a better crop...

gives a better balance to the white/ dark areas..

Actually i thought itz quite ok leh.. ha. i quite like the reflection. Jus that i think if the sun not there might be better.

also, i would rather see only from middle to bottom. as in crop out most of the real thing, leave mainly the reflection.

jus a suggestion. :)

heroneo99 said:
Actually i thought itz quite ok leh.. ha. i quite like the reflection. Jus that i think if the sun not there might be better.

also, i would rather see only from middle to bottom. as in crop out most of the real thing, leave mainly the reflection.

jus a suggestion. :)

croppedsunrisepr.jpg

like that?

elfvin said:
croppedsunrisepr.jpg

like that?

yup, something like that. but of course if we can retake the photo again, with more of the pool reflection and best if without the big sun.

paisay huh, i also newbie, jus a suggestion. Plus i am not there so maybe there are limitations that I cannot see.

heroneo99 said:
yup, something like that. but of course if we can retake the photo again, with more of the pool reflection and best if without the big sun.

paisay huh, i also newbie, jus a suggestion. Plus i am not there so maybe there are limitations that I cannot see.

haha, looks quite good too. cheers to your suggestion. ;)

With your background too bright, you could try using ND filter to adjust the exposure for your foreground. Well, just a suggestions to get a better exposure. =)

jimbok said:
With your background too bright, you could try using ND filter to adjust the exposure for your foreground. Well, just a suggestions to get a better exposure. =)

thanks! shall try that once i get the ND filter.

the problem is the highlights are blown...at that time of the day with that kind of lighting you probably would need ND + polarizing :bsmilie: (for reflection in the water) to reduce the light

or do HDR. combine multiple exposures:)

don't be put down by those comments that say rubbish like "This is meaningless". because that comment is equally meaningless.

Here's my newbie point of view.

I like it. It probably falls under street photography which most of my shots come from. Shooting without meaning, and just for the pleasure to our eyes. I think it actually is pretty balanced in terms of the bright, dark, bright, dark , bright areas cos of the mildly light part in the middle of the image. Probably the only thing that i feel might improve this is, if you could go a little lower so as to balance the amount of headroom as well as your tail space. So that a certain form of symetery will be formed.

Cheers
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.