Reflection in water

Dec 27, 2009
Serangoon
Would like some feedback on the general composition of this Image.
It was taken in Yunnan, China Last December.
I would like to know if there are any post-processing that i can do to improve this image, and is there anything that I should or should have not done when I took this image.
This picture was taken due to the symmetry that was found in the scene.

Settings were F/8 Aperture, 1/125s shutter, ISO 200.
Taken using a Canon EOS 1000D with kit lens (18-55mm IS)

Thanks a lot.

Last edited:

elavan

Sep 19, 2009
AMK
i like it, nothing to critic on the compo, just the PP, i've taken liberty to work on it..here is what i did in adobe photoshop:

1) overall levels adjustments to set the black/white points

2) using mask to selectively enhance reflection

3) multiply layer while masking the forest on the left

4) some vibrance, saturation, brightness/contrast and gradient tool as finishing touches

5) noise reduction to smooth out the grain in the sky

photoeye

Sep 14, 2009
Singapore South
Hi I am a beginner in DSLR but would like to share my 2 cents' worth opinion since I am also interested in landscape photography.

1. PP done by elavan was great, it significantly enhace the pics, making it more colourful and vibrant.
2. Pic was a bit tight in composition, in my humble opinion. Would be better to have a bit more sky and the full reflection of the mountains in the water.

ovaltinemilo

Sep 12, 2009
Sin jia Po lah
elavan has done a great job...TS should try it at home too...overall, the horizon and it wud be really good if could see more reflection like photoeye mentioned.

May 7, 2010
prefer the original too, more of a scenery-telling picture,
thats not so say pp-ed is not good, but it's more like a postcard material..

and yes, horizon is tilted and u should rotate it at least..

ZerocoolAstra

Mar 13, 2008
rainy Singapore
Original photo was slightly overexposed and tilted. It didn't help that the lighting was rather flat. If only the mountains were more strongly lit, it'd make a great scene. Can't rush nature! :)

I didn't like the PP-ed scene... too unnatural.

opzjon

Aug 3, 2008
Kovan, Singapore
I like the original photo too. My opinions are the pic is too tight as mentioned and tilted horizon. :)

Numnumball

Mar 6, 2009
Central
prefer the original like the rest amid colors a little dull and flat + reflection cut off which doesnt quite appeal to me. :)

May 7, 2010

maybe this is a little better? i did some simple lighting adjustments and rotated it..

May 7, 2010
which part is still overexposed?
i wanna brush up my pp skills too

Top Bottom