Reducing Photo size for viewing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

samgoh

Mar 12, 2005
Seletar Hills
Hi, need some help on this rather silly issue,

The pictures i post up are always extremely huge..How do i post a picture in clubsnap ( not linking it from the clubsnap gallery) with a reduced size? ( eg: something like the nice wedding pictures ppl post where one can view the whole picture at once, as opposed to having to use the scroll buttons to view the huge picture).I always use photoshop to process the photos first before posting, is that the reason why its always so huge?

i cant seem to reduce the size, and the photobucket auto resize doesn't seem to work for me. Before i get flamed for not doing a search, i have done a search with "reducing posting image size", "posting small photos" although i'm not sure if its the right search words.

Thanks much everyone!:D

Sam

You can do this only with an image editing software such as Photoshop, Paint Shop, MS Photo Editor, etc. There are freewares available on the web if you do not wish to buy.

Hi Photobum

I have photoshop..could you give me directions on how to reduce the photo size? tks

samgoh said:
Hi Photobum

I have photoshop..could you give me directions on how to reduce the photo size? tks

Okay, if you own later versions of PS, ImageReady is already included.
  • Open you image in IR
  • Go to Image > Image Size
  • Resize your image to between 400~800 pixel wide depending on how big you want your image to look online
  • Click OK
  • Save as optimized
  • Bingo!!!!!

thanks Photobum

will try it out. i'm using Adobe Photoshop 7.0. Hope it has IR.

u can do it in photoshop, not just image ready. image ready for saving it optimised.

another quick way to do a resize is to use the crop tool, specify the dimensions you want on the input bar on the top tool bar. be sure to put in the suffix "px" to specify the dimension is in pixels.

eg: width : 600px height : 400px dpi : 72

don't worree about the dpi part if you've specified in pixels. it only matters if u specified the dimensions in inches or cm or mm etc..

then drag the cursor to crop where u want, of if u dun need to crop just drag the cursor across the whole image. u know have the size that u want. save it in your favourite setting.

jpg 8 or 10, or save optimised (ctrl shift alt s).

thanks Joho!! will try it when i get home tonighT! Merry Christmas!:cool:

samgoh said:
thanks Photobum

will try it out. i'm using Adobe Photoshop 7.0. Hope it has IR.

You are most welcomed!:)

Just like Joho had mentioned, you can resize your images in Photoshop also. I am lazy, so I prefer to do it in IR. Also, I can tweak my images for web better with IR.

Status
Not open for further replies.