Reds and other colors...but mostly red

Status
Not open for further replies.

funkydonkey

May 29, 2006
Fire away.....:)

Ferrari.jpg

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=273376

the tread says that a short writeup is needed.:)
hmmm, i feel that the light on the left is way too distracting for me. i believe taking the car from another angle or closing up on some of the parts of the car would have been better. just my 2 cents worth ;)

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=273376

the tread says that a short writeup is needed.:)
hmmm, i feel that the light on the left is way too distracting for me. i believe taking the car from another angle or closing up on some of the parts of the car would have been better. just my 2 cents worth ;)

Thanks for the feedback and letting me know..its been a while since I posted and the change in rules.

Well..this image was shot for another photo critique session.

I basically wanted to shoot something interesting with an alternate/improvised lighting effect.

I sure would like to know how i could improve on the lighting of the object..specially to get even lights throughout the car and also to improve the lighting on certain areas of the car.

It was more of an experimental shot where I used CDs for reflection and I placed the toy car on a scanner. I turned the scanner on and let the light run from one end to the other. This way I could use long exposure to get streaks of light thru the holes in the cd rom which i didnt pretty much achieve here.

I didnt want to go very close to the car as the details are not as good as what it would be on a real car.

I kinda agree with the bright lights issue... the rule about bright light is that it draws the eyes to it; in this case, attention is drawn to them before you shift focus to the car... IMHO.

Maybe can try placing some color gel on the scanner so that the colors can be shone thru the CD?

Maybe can try placing some color gel on the scanner so that the colors can be shone thru the CD?

Where I can find this color gel please? thanks :)

Where I can find this color gel please? thanks :)

The only place I know that sell professional gels is Cathy Photos at Peni but I think you can use those translucent color film selling at art and craft shops since this is a just for fun project.

There are indeed some undesired issues about your picture but what I think is commendable is the creativity that you have shown in taking this shot. We must not forget that taking photos is indeed an easy task (using point and shoot, its just press and fire away), but what makes us better photographers is the ability to take shots that others are unable to do so. :)

There are indeed some undesired issues about your picture but what I think is commendable is the creativity that you have shown in taking this shot. We must not forget that taking photos is indeed an easy task (using point and shoot, its just press and fire away), but what makes us better photographers is the ability to take shots that others are unable to do so. :)

Well..thank you for ur honest opinion...we probably share the same frequency of thought and not Freak-when-see!! lol ..cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.