Redang Island

Status
Not open for further replies.

amachi

Jul 20, 2009
I have been to Laguna Redang few years back and it was quite a good experience. And recently I read about Berjaya Redang. Has any of you been to these two resorts? Which one is nicer? Is there any good travel agencies that arrange tour to these resorts inclusive of flight arrangement? Last time I went there, we booked the package ourselves and took coaches :sweat:

I swear I would never travel by coach anymore :bsmilie:

Laguna Redang Resort .you can try 5 star travel agent there have a tour package for REDANG ISLAND::thumbsup:

Laguna Redang Resort .you can try 5 star travel agent there have a tour package for REDANG ISLAND::thumbsup:

Um, travel by coaches, right? I am looking for a tour package with flight arrangement hehe..

Do you want to be more adventures? May consider do it on your own.
Firefly fly from Sg to Kuala Terengganu.
Email the resort that you confirm wants to stay, ask them the option of transfer from airport to the jetty. Should not be difficult.
Or try a more extensive search. Try email some Malaysia tour agencies about the ease of transfer from airport to the jetty. But if not wrong, jetty from Kuala Terengganu is not the nearest jetty to Redang Island.

I took the plane on my second trip back redang. Its an hour flight there departing from Seletar Airport. For both times, I stayed at Berjaya Redang as its more quiet, less people and the beaches is all urs on that side. If u r looking for party and more happenings, laguna redang side is better.

I booked my air tix and hotel accom from nemo travel. Berjaya air to redang normally departs at 1pm every day from Seletar airport. Total cost is 480 for 3D2N. If u r taking coach, i believed u noe its a 4N3D whereby 2 nights is on coach and the trip to trenggeanu is freaking long. Tat is cheaper at 300++.

There is a jungle trail that me and another 2 guys went for. Dun need guide, simply follow the trail and walk. It will link all the way to laguna redang side. Along the way, there u will see freaking big ants and millipedes etc.

Share some pics for reference of Berjaya Redang:

2485620706_6b2783862e.jpg

2486226463_3e80ba28d2.jpg

Macro along the jungle trail.

2485179909_c4fb351f7b.jpg

Flying Berjaya Air is the only way to reach Redang totally by air (without boat). Check their website (google for it) for the package. IMHO it is expensive.

Just checked the price yesterday. Berjaya Air is very expensive. SGD 320 for a return flight ticket. With that price, I might as well go to Bali haha..

Firefly's price is cheap though. But they don't fly daily there, and I can't arrange a 3D2N if travelling by firefly, have to be at least 4D3N. Sigh. This is still my best bet though...

Just checked the price yesterday. Berjaya Air is very expensive. SGD 320 for a return flight ticket. With that price, I might as well go to Bali haha..

Firefly's price is cheap though. But they don't fly daily there, and I can't arrange a 3D2N if travelling by firefly, have to be at least 4D3N. Sigh. This is still my best bet though...

Yes I feel it is expensive.
Why not 4D3N? Unless you feel the accommodation could be a bit more expensive for another day.
I feel 4D3N is just nice for a redang trip. take a trip to Pulau perhentian besar, where you can have a trekking there. Or make one whole day as 'no camera day' - snorkeling / swimming.

Berjaya Redang is more "private" so if you want to really relax with not much people, this is the place for you.

We stayed at Laguna Redang before, very nice place especially our room is a sea view room. We took a 4D3N free and easy package via coach (almost 10 hrs!). All meals inclusive (buffet!! :bigeyes: ). All in all, we spent around almost 600/pax inlcuding fees for marine conservation park, kayaking, snorkelling, souvenir items etc...

Yes I feel it is expensive.
Why not 4D3N? Unless you feel the accommodation could be a bit more expensive for another day.
I feel 4D3N is just nice for a redang trip. take a trip to Pulau perhentian besar, where you can have a trekking there. Or make one whole day as 'no camera day' - snorkeling / swimming.

Because for long weekend, I can only afford 3D2N :p

So that my annual leave can be used to go elsewhere hahaha.. But anyway, I'll take your advice into consideration.

About Pulau Perhentian, what is it there to see? Beaches? Jungles?

So that my annual leave can be used to go elsewhere hahaha.. But anyway, I'll take your advice into consideration.

Maybe you can try Rawa which is closer..or even Pangkor..

Berjaya Redang is more "private" so if you want to really relax with not much people, this is the place for you.

We stayed at Laguna Redang before, very nice place especially our room is a sea view room. We took a 4D3N free and easy package via coach (almost 10 hrs!). All meals inclusive (buffet!! :bigeyes: ). All in all, we spent around almost 600/pax inlcuding fees for marine conservation park, kayaking, snorkelling, souvenir items etc...

Yeah, Laguna Redang's buffet (breakfast + lunch + dinner) makes me very tempted to go back there instead of trying to stay at Berjaya Redang. Haha.. Yeah, I feel that pain for sitting in the coach for 10 hours, it really is killing the fun.. The worst part, last time when I went there, the coach company sold one of our seats twice. 3 of us ended up squeezing in two seats ;(

Ic. If I'm in your situation and I only want to take flight, but not the berjaya air, then I will have to make it a 4D3N trip (so I can take firefly)...

Yes Pulau Perhentian will offer you beaches, jungles. The beach is a bit different from Redang. I feel the Redang is more 'white' but Perhentian is less crowded.
http://www.virtualtourist.com/trave..._Beaten_Path-Pulau_Perhentian_Besar-BR-1.html
http://www.wildasia.org/main.cfm/Travel/Wild_Perhentian

As for the trekking, If not wrong, there is a view (from a small hill top) where you can see the sea, beaches and jungle green in one view... I saw from a photo before but can't find it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.