Red

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovells19

Oct 31, 2003
Deep Deep in the sea
www.flickr.com
Taken at nite and did a little post processing.

feel free to C&C
320361488_375f0d347f_b.jpg

yr pic is too highlighted and overblown le...wat iso setting u use? can see noise and blurness of pic. Maybe u want to take a look at the night photography sub forum on their night pics? :)

truth hurts... if u wanna prevent being hurt... please scroll away... :evil:

I dunno y u wanna waste time doing post processing for a pic thats is full of flaw...

1) your tripod isn't sturdy enuff, its vibrating... maybe u are not using a shutter release cable, and pressing on the shutter button and hence the weird vibrations and blurness.

2) your perspective of the building is leaning back, meaning, u tilt your lens upwards. since u already have in mind to do a 'panoramic' view shot, y not give it a perpenticular viewpoint, crop the bottom off.

3) composition, the 'red' is so small... how come u call that pic red? and it isn't sharp, no theme, out of place... etc etc... dunno y u wanna shoot tis...

4) Composition again, notice that patch of leaves... useless in this composition...

5) Composition again & again... it can do with a smaller crop, try to make your 'subject' the centre of interest without distracting stuff like the trees on the left... blah blah blah... having the sign is nice, but the sign is blur... wats the point?

Overall... this whole pic is blur... even the red is blur... nothing more than a test shot...

truth hurts... if u wanna prevent being hurt... please scroll away... :evil:

I dunno y u wanna waste time doing post processing for a pic thats is full of flaw...

1) your tripod isn't sturdy enuff, its vibrating... maybe u are not using a shutter release cable, and pressing on the shutter button and hence the weird vibrations and blurness.

2) your perspective of the building is leaning back, meaning, u tilt your lens upwards. since u already have in mind to do a 'panoramic' view shot, y not give it a perpenticular viewpoint, crop the bottom off.

3) composition, the 'red' is so small... how come u call that pic red? and it isn't sharp, no theme, out of place... etc etc... dunno y u wanna shoot tis...

4) Composition again, notice that patch of leaves... useless in this composition...

5) Composition again & again... it can do with a smaller crop, try to make your 'subject' the centre of interest without distracting stuff like the trees on the left... blah blah blah... having the sign is nice, but the sign is blur... wats the point?

Overall... this whole pic is blur... even the red is blur... nothing more than a test shot...

well said... i was quite puzzled with the blur too..

the problem i see with this picture is that there is no content. even if the technicalities are well taken care of, the post processing employed to purposefully highlight the person with the red umbrella does not tell any story nor highlight a certain abstract quality.

hmm guess its not a photo that will please the eye, its great to hear from all those whom have comment :D hurts then i'll learn from it!

will attempt again.

calling it red cos its when i took the photo i didn't noticed the red until i reach home so thought i bring it out a little hahaa

thanks everyone! :d

I like it and I hate it.

Hate first.

Motion blurr - unsturdy tripod. For a long exposure like this one, you need a very sturdy platform to shoot. The car speeding by in front can create sufficient vibration to mess up the entire set up.

Red seemed to be out of focus also.

Red is not saturated enough. The quality of the color is lacking. It'snot a true red.

The Bencoolen St sign, the trees to the left, the light pole and those leaves are out of place and distracting.

The sky color looked funny. Don't like the ligh greyish look.

Like.

The concept.

What I will do is, DI and crop out those that are distracting. Get a sturdier platform, maybe, set up camera further away from the street. And then shoot, bracketting like mad also.

Status
Not open for further replies.