Red purple lines appearing on LCD when shooting at someting with LIght ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kultchris

Jan 28, 2004
Just got my new cam Canon Powershot A570IS a few hrs ago .. tried to shoot while i was near the road and i realised purple bars appearing whenever i am shooting near the road lights ... is there smth wrong with my cam ? ALso , is Varta or Gp batteries better ? Pls advise . Thanks

help pls !!!!!

Just got my new cam Canon Powershot A570IS a few hrs ago .. tried to shoot while i was near the road and i realised purple bars appearing whenever i am shooting near the road lights ... is there smth wrong with my cam ? ALso , is Varta or Gp batteries better ? Pls advise . Thanks

It is normal for canon sensor ba. But they would not appear on the pics taken:)

o so its normal ? sorry i am very new to all these ... and why is it tat sometuimes when i take a picture the cam is very fast ready for the next shot while sumtimes it lags quite a bit ?

:sweat:

o so its normal ? sorry i am very new to all these ... and why is it tat sometuimes when i take a picture the cam is very fast ready for the next shot while sumtimes it lags quite a bit ?

depending on ur shutterspeed i guess.
if u shoot at 1/1000 ,the camera processes it faster
but it u shoot at 30/1, it needs longer.
i'm not sure about the cameras now, my processing speed is = to the time the shutter opens

ohok .. so it does not mean there is smth wrong with my cam ? sorry i am a mountain tortise .. dunno how to check cam ...

well ... is there really no one who can help ?

No one helped you????

Already 2 post that has given their 'opinions'. If you're not convinced, I suggest you drop by Canon to get 'expert' opinion. I'm sure they will be most helpful.

By the way, congrats on your new cam.

Don't worry. This is smearing, which is a characteristic of the camera's CCD and not an inherent fault.

thanks to all who has been helpful ..

is Varta or Gp batteries better ? Pls advise . Thanks

I am using Eneloop right now.

Had tried the GP batteries (Not Recyko) and I find that it lost charge quite fast.

Eneloop can last very long for me. So, do not think I would change to other brand for the time being. :D

Don't worry. This is normal and there's nothing wrong with your camera. If I'm not wrong, this phenomena is explained in your manual. As long as your picture quality is not affected, this is OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.