red light district in geylang?

sobrietyanonymous

Sep 29, 2011
possible to take photos? im always v interested in taking photos of that place ;)

Maybe u try going there to shoot alone first.. Then after the event, U take a pic of ur face and camera and let us see...

Good idea.let him go there take picture first then after the event.you take your own picture and camera and let us see.
I think he got nothing better to shoot

Last edited:
can. just shoot.

i believe there is a forumer doing it. his nick got ghost in it. check the street section.

I think better not cos that place have change.Now the thai girls are getting lesser.China girls are getting more.Unless you're tired of living.

can. just shoot.
i believe there is a forumer doing it. his nick got ghost in it. check the street section.

It's newghost - he has a thread in Streets - and others have shot there as well including me. But newghost is really the ballsiest one. :eek:

I think better not cos that place have change.Now the thai girls are getting lesser.China girls are getting more.Unless you're tired of living.

I fail to see the logic in your statement - more china girls = more dangerous?

if you go there to shoot street photos and happen to stumble upon a street worker who walks into your frame,then shouldnt be a problem.

But if you go there wanting to shoot only the street workers, i think your balls very big.
take note the workers have pimps and pimps have thugs.
so like what the others have said, if you have a death wish, be our guest.
99% of subjects are worth it, this is the 1% exception.
just my 2 cents worth.

Just do it ....... Life is short anyway ............

try bruce gilden's style of street photography :devil:

possible to take photos? im always v interested in taking photos of that place ;)

Here are some hard facts of life:

1) You have a legal right to shoot whatever you want in a public place.
2) People have no legal right to grab you and beat you up, or smash your camera if you take pictures that they do not want taken, or they think that you took pictures that they did not want taken, but they still have a choice to do so.
3) In a court of law you would probably come up tops, but some physical injuries can last a long time, some will never go away.

So you can go, fulfill your interest, live your dreams, just keep in mind that there are loads of people there who might not want their photograph taken, e.g. people who do not want their wives to find out they are there, people who do not want their friends to find out what they work as, people who do not want to be seen in such a place. In short, my sense is that in Geylang, you would find a lot more people willing to ignore the fact that they have no legal right to do things to you. :)

Cheers.

Last edited:
Here are some hard facts of life:

1) You have a legal right to shoot whatever you want in a public place.
2) People have no legal right to grab you and beat you up, or smash your camera if you take pictures that they do not want taken, or they think that you took pictures that they did not want taken, but they still have a choice to do so.
3) In a court of law you would probably come up tops, but some physical injuries can last a long time, some will never go away.

So you can go, fulfill your interest, live your dreams, just keep in mind that there are loads of people there who might not want their photograph taken, e.g. people who do not want their wives to find out they are there, people who do not want their friends to find out what they work as, people who do not want to be seen in such a place. In short, my sense is that in Geylang, you would find a lot more people willing to ignore the fact that they have no legal right to do things to you. :)

Cheers.

Well said,bro!

Bro,u so naughty. Wait his flash end up in an anatomy of his where the sun don't shine,lol!

the flash it to blind the subject temporarily, so you have enough time to escape from death :bsmilie:

Well... TS can invest in a 600mm or better still... a 800mm lens + a cropped sensor body... so he can snipe to his heart's content. And when people saw him... that 800mm focal length should give him enough headstart to run.

Worse come to worse, use that 800mm lens as a very expensive club to fend off attackers. (Well... life is more important than camera, rite?)

Last edited:
don't see anything wrong doing it, true there may be the threats but one should go out and achieve the impossible. I think there is this ang moh who did a book on prostitutes in red light district asia or singapore can't remember..

u can shoot, but please dun use a big black DSLR... use a small camera and shoot discreetly. This is for your own safety. Else u can drive and park then zoom from your car and shoot.