Red Guitar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox3111

Feb 28, 2008
www.flickr.com
Hey guys,

This is my first post.
I took this picture of my friends jamming at a studio and did a little photoshopping.

Basically i was standing on a stool and aiming right down at the guitarist. Had very minimal lighting in the studio which explains the dark corners.

I wanted to have a very Sin City look but playing around with the black and white color yet making the red outstanding.. So please tell me what u think of it.. thank you very much..

red2.jpg

not exactly black and white as there's a tinge of purple but still works. the reds made the guitar outstanding. but perhaps you can elaborate more on what you want to achieve. e.g. mood?

cheers ;)

well... this pic has certainly got me by the throat;) i like the purple tinge and red contrasting guitar, the whole background along with the pimply face of the guitarist;)everything looks stunning but still there is something missing in the pic.......in composition? :think:its a top angle,so full image of the pimply guitarist shud have been there:think:eek:r maybe the the guy is too conscious?to stiff? i really am stumped:dunno:

Hmm. mood of the pic never really occured to me.. i was just practicing my photo taking and out of the few hundred pic that i took this was 1 of the best... but if i really have to describe the mood i would say that practicing for a preformance is tough work practicing over and over again causing a very sian 1/2 feeling but the guitair never gets tired of it.. it wants to be caressed and fondled with every single time u pick it up.. hahaha

Thanks for your comments guys.. really appreciate it..

Hi Fox3111

IMHO I think it is quite a good shot. Although the guitarist friend of yours looks abit sessile lethargic in this shot. Perhaps a tinge of motion blur can give it abit more life ? :dunno:

A pure black and white with a red guitar can stand out pretty well as well
( Makes me think of sin city with that yellow fella )

Thanks for sharing once again

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.