Red face photo problem

britdung

Mar 1, 2011
Hi All,
I still consider myself as freshman in this photography world.
I have been using Canon 40D and Tamron lens 17-50 for almost 1 year.
Nowadays, my photos seem ok (as in the colour and everything) on the display. But when I transfer to laptop, all the photos look more red, especial the faces.

please advise me on this problem. Is it the lens fault or filter fault? Or just my setting something wrong?

Thanks a million

what ur white balance? maybe shoot at wrong WB den when magnify in ur laptop den u notice the colour diff. Or u try transfer those photo to another pc or laptop to see whether u gt the same result?

if it's ok on your camera's LCD, then it might be your LCD's color calibration.

are any other objects in the images affected as well in terms of color shifting?

Hi,
Thanks for your reply. I always set AWB...
I guess I try transferring to other PC to see.
Is there any way to change the setting for saturation for the camera?

Thanks.

if it's ok on your camera's LCD, then it might be your LCD's color calibration.

are any other objects in the images affected as well in terms of color shifting?

Thanks for your reply.
Other objects in the images seems ok, just the face of ppl are very red (like drunken faces)
After I transfer to my laptop, i send those pics to my friends and they also say my pics are very reddish..

try setting picture style within body to standard brudda

Why not post a sample here? Those with calibrated screen can have a look and help determine if it's the WB, uncalibratd screen or other problems.

Try resetting your picture control/style and use portrait instead. Better yet, why not use standard and shoot RAW. Do the processing on your PC unless you dont have time to do it.

I'm guessing your using JPEG?

Nowadays, my photos seem ok (as in the colour and everything) on the display. But when I transfer to laptop, all the photos look more red, especial the faces
Calibrate the laptop screen, period. Without a proper neutral baseline provided by a calibrated screen there is no point discussing colours and white balance. Your camera screen is far from being neutral. It's meant to check settings and do quick reviews, not an indepth colour analysis.