red eye is due to subject or camara?

Status
Not open for further replies.

compro_1975

Apr 24, 2005
hi, i am havin a problem that is the red eye thingy. is it because of my subject?

it's due to your flash. either you can turn on red eye mode, or dun use flash at all

Read somewhere that people are more prone to red-eye in dark conditions. The pre-flash in red-eye reduction mode will eliminate that.

When the ambient is dark, human purple will dilate, if the flash is too close to lens axis, and it will cause red eye effect, and yes, colored eye people are more prone to red eye effect.

best solution, make flash farther away from the camera lens.

When the ambient is dark, human purple will dilate, if the flash is too close to lens axis, and it will cause red eye effect, and yes, colored eye people are more prone to red eye effect.

best solution, make flash farther away from the camera lens.

Just to add on in case anyone is interested in the biological aspect of it...

The red-eye is actually a result of the light from the flash bouncing off the inside off your eyeball. Thus, in red-eye reduction mode, a pre-flash is fired to give your pupils time to contract (in photographic terms... stop down :bsmilie:), so that when the main flash is fired, not too much of it goes inside your eye, thus you see much less of the red-eye effect.

just fixed it in photo shop lah. so easy.

:bsmilie: if you can avoid it during the shooting stage, why want to bother yourself with it during post-processing?

Anyway... Sometimes no chance to PP. e.g. those shoot and surrender your pics on the spot kind of competition.

just fixed it in photo shop lah. so easy.

:bsmilie: if you can avoid it during the shooting stage, why want to bother yourself with it during post-processing?

Anyway... Sometimes no chance to PP. e.g. those shoot and surrender your pics on the spot kind of competition.

right, than if you go shoot an event, organizer ask you surrender CD right after the shoot.... and you did.

than call you up next morning: "why all my ang moh VIPs all become like rabbits??"

Read somewhere that people are more prone to red-eye in dark conditions. The pre-flash in red-eye reduction mode will eliminate that.
I know for sure squirrel big eyes are super prone to red-eyes... almost all the shot i took with flash got red-eyes... :sweat:

Just to add on in case anyone is interested in the biological aspect of it...

The red-eye is actually a result of the light from the flash bouncing off the inside off your eyeball. Thus, in red-eye reduction mode, a pre-flash is fired to give your pupils time to contract (in photographic terms... stop down :bsmilie:), so that when the main flash is fired, not too much of it goes inside your eye, thus you see much less of the red-eye effect.

In addition to light reflecting off from the retina of yr eyes thus giving the red-eye effect, flash units of cams which are closer to the axis of the lens will also produce the red-eye effect (usually cams with built-in flash and not pop-up ones). That's y if possible use external flash to reduce the effect, and also depending on angle of subject's eyes in accordance to position of flash.

Status
Not open for further replies.