Red dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

t-diddy

Nov 27, 2006
Red_dragon1.jpg

got time to took some pic this afternon. hope to get some comments to improve.

Thanks.

More DOF so that dragon is focused and sharp. Maybe also more space above dragon - feels cramped as it is. Also why not try potrait format? Finally more sharpening.

i think its the compression that reduce the sharpness. and the red its a bit black, not like in my home laptop... prob need to recalibrate my screen. and for croping i htink you are right after seeing it not so tight is better, and i tried portrait layout it doesnt compliment the dragon very much.

thanks for the C&C.

:) Hey, hey! Did you take this shot at the temple tucked away in the middle of the business district? Amoy Street or something like that? This is one of the dragons on top of the incense burner.

I've got a shot of one of them dragons too, it's tucked away in my abstract gallary, titled "Belling The Dragon".

Hmmm...I guess the others have covered quite a few issues such as focal point, DOF and a need to "reposition" the dragon so I'll just mention that you might wish, when you have a chance to retake this shot, to adjust the composition so that viewers of your photo are guided in to the main subject (presumably the dragon) and guided out as well.

To achieve this, make full use of the diagonal lines of the roof of the incense burner and position the dragon so that it falls within the thirds-lines. I know that the tessles hanging below the bell stricker makes the composition difficult, but you could shoot it cut-off and photoshop off the remaining bit. The one in my gallary has the cropped tessle at the bottom, but in the one I sold, I had it removed.

Cheers

hmm. it seems like the ratio of your object and your bg is 1:1
try making it like 1:2, or 2:1. kinda makes photos more interesting :D

yes i did....its at amoy street. yup having difficulties about the tessels... its eating up my frame but if i cut it it looks weird.. tried cutting it in PS but i dont quite like it in my perspective. will try to shoot again for improvement. and i think about she sharpnes of the image is reduce by the quality of my compression.. can't seem to get the minimum 100 kb image.. so i just use the minimum, and the pic came out all blury. btw i have another pic with a diffrent angle.. but dont know if i can post 2 image on one thread. don't want to get scholded.

yes i did....its at amoy street. yup having difficulties about the tessels... its eating up my frame but if i cut it it looks weird.. tried cutting it in PS but i dont quite like it in my perspective. will try to shoot again for improvement. and i think about she sharpnes of the image is reduce by the quality of my compression.. can't seem to get the minimum 100 kb image.. so i just use the minimum, and the pic came out all blury. btw i have another pic with a diffrent angle.. but dont know if i can post 2 image on one thread. don't want to get scholded.

Give a link to the image ... :)

_

Blue_dragon.jpg

its title "blue dragon" :), actually i want to make a set.

This other image is more promising but the tessels are still out of place. Perhaps a little more light (from a fill flash or reflectors) on the dragons would serve to make them stand out more and if you stopped down a little more, you could bring the other dragons into focus and call your photo "A Flight of Dragons". :)

_

thanks for the input.. i'll be taking another round of photos at the same location. want to bring justice to the dragons there hahahahaa... ;)

the 1st pix, i dunno. The first thing that drew my attention was the bell. Maybe because it's the brightest subject there.

Status
Not open for further replies.