Red Devils

jk1881

Feb 9, 2010

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
looking for composition and the lighting

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
to get the "view" look in a locker room

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
took this in Macau Man Utd Shop, the shop is very dark

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
i think can improve on the lightings?

Last edited:

foxtwo

Mar 11, 2004
singapore
hmm and how would you improve on the lighting? Complete your thought process. Don't leave us hanging...

Would prefer a frontal view to make out who the other jerseys are. You didn't capture the entire jersey from top to bottom, players come and go but the kit is who a team is.
All you're telling me here is red colour, Ferdinand and 5. Man U fanboys & girls may roar "it's obviously Man U", well of course it is. But that's so superficial. Think deeper, what makes a good documentary/editorial photograph. Show me, what's so great about the Red Devils.

jk1881

Feb 9, 2010
Thanks for the comment. I took it purposely the whole jersey is not captured maybe I dun know how to express myself.

I really like this shot - I love the darkness with the lighting focusing on the jersey.
The only thing in the photo that I would actually change is to take a teeny tiny step back - I know you said you didn't want to capture the whole jersey, and I think you are right, but I would have liked to have seen the whole name, it is fine to cut off the bottom of the number 5 though. Great shot!

Top Bottom